The Riley Institute at Furman University is hiring for a full time position as Events and Marketing Manager. The Riley Institute, affiliated with Furman’s Department of Politics and International Affairs, works with issues of public education and diversity throughout South Carolina and brings speakers and scholars to campus and the state to broaden student and the public’s perspectives on issues critical to the state’s progress. The position will entail managing and aiding in managing the professional production of Riley Institute events.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years relevant experience; preferred fields of study include but are not limited to English, political science, and sociology
- Strong writer and editor, including for web, press releases, leave behinds, programs, and a variety of collateral materials
- Experience with social media
- Experience in event management and logistics
- Ability to synthesize information around complex topics
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Experience in Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in Photoshop and InDesign a plus
To apply click here.