With Who: Friends Seminary
Location: New York, NY
Type of Employment: Full-time
The Communications Office at Friends Seminary works to promote the School, both internally, and in the public eye. Through its efforts in communications and media, the office aims to safeguard the Quaker mission of the School, and showcase it in action. The Multimedia Producer is a full-time member of the Communications Office, reporting to the Director of Communications. This person has important responsibilities in creating digital, print and multimedia assets that will help tell the story of Friends Seminary.
- Serve as a primary photographer and videographer for the school, which includes covering some evening and weekend events
- Edit and archive photographs and videos
- Assist in the design and packaging of multimedia for featuring on the school’s website and social media accounts
- Collaborate with Visual Communications Designer on creation of print materials
- Identify stories for the communications office to tell; participate in the creation of the story (writing and/or multimedia creation)
- Assist in daily operations of the Communications Office, including maintaining School’s social media accounts and various email communications
- Degree in journalism, communications, web design or related major preferred
- Applicants must have a portfolio consisting of multimedia and graphic design — primarily showcasing photography and videography skills
- Web design experience a plus
- At least two years of professional experience preferred, but recent college graduates with strong multimedia/photojournalism/storytelling portfolios will be considered
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Acute attention to detail and a high degree of organization
- Familiarity with email service providers such as MailChimp and Constant Contact is highly desirable
- Ability to keep pace in deadline-driven environment across multiple projects
- Strong ability to prioritize work based on short and long-term needs
- Creativity and a sense of humor
Interested candidates must submit a completed Friends Seminary Employment Application, a Cover Letter, Resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com.
When submitting required documents, kindly reference in the subject line: your first and last name, the position you are applying for and where you heard about the position. You will receive a confirmation email when you submit your application online. Kindly submit your information only once per school year. No phone calls, please.
Apply (or see more job posting information): Submit your application today via the CofC Alumni Career Center!
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CMOHS: Seeks Digital Media Strategist - July 29, 2021
- CofC Athletics: Seeking Director of Video & Network Production - July 29, 2021
- Allora Solutions: Seeks Part-Time Social Media and Marketing Assistant - July 27, 2021