With Who: First (Scots) Presbyterian Church
Location: Charleston, SC
Type of Employment: Part-Time (20-24 hours/week)
Position Description: The Communications Coordinator is responsible for producing various types of communications to the church congregation and community. The individual must have a high degree of expertise in computer applications such as: Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Constant Contact, and Adobe Creative Suite.
General Responsibilities: With the help of staff, ensure all publications and media reflect appropriately the mission of First (Scots). Provide website design, updates, and maintenance. Create church bulletins, brochures, posters, mailing and other media as needed. Design flyers and other graphics for bulletin boards, social media, and submission to newspaper. Oversee social media management (Facebook). Coordinates information and publication calendar to ensure information reaches the church membership and the public in an efficient and effective manner.
Has detailed understanding of the business policies and practices of the church and required to exercise creativity and sound judgment without close supervision.
Duties Include, but not limited to:
- Design and produce printed publications such as bulletins, advertisements, brochures, flyers, signage, and other publications to assist church committees, promote and communicate activities of the church using Microsoft Publisher or Abode Creative Suite
- Manages audio/visual content using YouTube and YouTube Studio; manages the weekly live streaming process; edits live streaming video and other ad hoc videos in Davinci Black Magic or Premiere Pro for upload to the website
- Manages online presence: church Facebook account, Google Businesses, SEO
- Maintain and edit the Church website through WordPress
- Plan, build, and distribute weekly e-newsletters in Constant Contact
- Availability to attend weekly staff meetings on Tuesday mornings
- Ensure brand consistency through all communication channels
- Communicate with outside digital marketing team, local news media contacts
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Creative with some graphic design experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office, WordPress, Constant Contact, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with social media marketing
- Experience preferred, or willingness to learn, the YouTube platform and YouTube Studio for live steaming
- SEO experience preferred, or willingness to learn
Apply (or request more information): Interested applicants should be please email Deanna Barteet (Church Administrator), as soon as possible, at email@example.com.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- The Ritter Group: Seeks Media and Marketing Interns (Spring 2021 – Summer 2021) - March 3, 2021
- AFL: Seeking Graphic Design Intern (Summer 2021) - March 3, 2021
- Strategic Marketing International: Seeks Marketing Intern (Summer 2021) - March 3, 2021