With Who: Emma Bowen Foundation
Location: Multiple (see original internship posting)
Dates: Summer 2021; 8 consecutive weeks
Hours: 40 hours per week
Compensation: Rate varies per internship.
Position Summary: (This is a paid internship.) The Emma Bowen Foundation promotes a more diverse industry by recruiting promising students of color and placing them in multi-year paid internships at some of the nation’s leading media and tech companies.
Our three tracks highlight the many areas in which our Fellows intern.
- Content (broadcast and online journalism, production, social media, digital media, etc.).
- Business (finance, sales, human resources, marketing, public relations etc.)
- Innovation (computer science, engineering, data science, information technology, software development, etc.)
Whether you’re interested in being a producer, a journalist, a web developer, an engineer, a business executive, a PR agent, a sales representative, or in any other career in media or tech, the Emma Bowen Internship is here to help you get your start. Hear more about EBF from previous fellows, alumni, and partners here: https://www.emmabowenfoundation.com/voices.
If you are selected as an Emma Bowen Fellow, you will have access to:
- A paid summer internship
- On-the-job training from top professionals and industry executives
- Our Annual Summer Conference
- The EBF Launch Career Activation Program
- Need-based academic scholarships
- A lifelong community of EBF peers, alumni, professionals, and partners
Our interns are most often placed in cities where they spend their college summers. Students will intern at their partner company for a minimum of eight consecutive weeks (40-hour workweek) during the summer. Students are expected to work at their partner company every summer until college graduation. Please note that college seniors can apply to the program as well. Many of our interns are converted to full time hires after college graduation.
We look forward to receiving your application! Good luck!
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and determine, in conjunction with our partners, any affects it may have on Summer 2021 internships. We are planning to have a full slate of internships, which are expected to be primarily in person, but might be remote/virtual as well, depending on the circumstances and how the COVID-19 situation evolves.
Application Deadline: March 2, 2021 at 12:55 AM.
Apply (or request more information): Please visit our website at www.emmabowenfoundation.com/application_info for additional information about the program and application requirements. Apply today on the CofC Handshake portal.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Central College: Seeks Content Specialist – Editorial - October 20, 2020
- 4 News Now: Seeks News Content Producer - October 20, 2020
- KXLY TV & Phase 3 Digital: Seeking Media Sales Account Executive - October 20, 2020