With Who: Easter Seals, Inc
Location: Chicago, IL
Type of Employment: Full-time
Position Description: Responsible for the strategic development and execution of an integrated marketing strategy across Easter Seals direct response channels. Responsible for revenue, expense and forecasting management and communication with Executive team regarding performance trends. Liaises with program agency of record on production and mailing schedule. On-going focus on strategy to achieve maximum program results. Primary vendor partner liaison and accountable for managing their scope of work. Serves as a resource of information and provides direction as needed for the Senior Vice President of Development s as well as other stakeholders across the organization.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for weekly and monthly management of revenue performance tracking and management. Accountable for strategic goal setting and monitoring of overall campaign performance and YTD net revenue.
- Manages strategic planning and campaign objectives from creative brief kickoff to turnover to production supplier and Senior Production Manager.
- Partners with the SVP, Development, to execute the direct mail programs. Provides direction to marketing agencies on creative and copy, proofing, routing and gathering materials to meet established deadlines and revenue goals. Participates in strategic meetings to enhance program. Manages internal resources as needed to execute the program to established deadlines and performance metrics.
- Collaborates with Agency of Record on campaign kick off meetings approving testing strategies, analysis of results and recommendations for future testing opportunities.
- Manages online integration for direct marketing initiatives. Leverages best practices offline to increase online results. Participates in weekly agency meetings and provides direction as needed. Focus on digital acquisition through paid search and social media.
- Manages the annual preparation of the direct marketing budget. Reviews test performance to determine packages, recommends appropriate quantities and ensures current pricing. Responsible for documenting decisions, recommendations and process followed to develop budget and overall revenue forecasting.
- Manages the direct marketing team.
- Develops and executes strategy to enhance donor engagement with the organization and improve campaign performance and overall retention.
- Oversees the procurement, print, and production for the Direct Mail Program. Monitors vendor performance and provides direction. Maintains effective working relationships with suppliers.
- Works collaboratively with Planned Giving to deliver a comprehensive marketing program for Planned Giving. Provides direct response expertise and production management of the newsletter programs to include print, production, postage, proofing, routing and gathering materials. Provides direction to internal resources and external consultants and suppliers. Assists with planned giving budget preparation.
- Manages the direct marketing donor stewardship program. Develops and implements the schedule, provides direction to internal/ external resources for development and designs, coordinates with key stakeholders to determine audience segmentation and manages the selection, material order, postage, production and retention analysis.
- Develop and grow a mid-level donor program as a pipeline to major gifts/bequests.
- Continuously develops knowledge and skills as a direct marketing fund raising professional.
- Understands and endorses Easter Seals mission and values
- Enthusiastically supports and works with team members by conducting business ethically and with integrity; demonstrates respect for fellow colleagues; shows dedication to improving quality and is committed to customer service
- Contributes to an organizational culture of innovation and exemplary performance
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Excellent written communications skills
- Demonstrated budgeting skills/experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of settings
- Ability to complete assignments quickly, meet deadlines & follow through on projects
- Must be accurate, flexible and well organized
- Ability to utilize independent judgment and good decision-making skills
- Possess qualities of integrity and tact
- Ability to interact with and manage program consultants
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and constituent databases
- Possess excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work amiably under pressure
- Desire to grow career within the direct marketing sector
- Ability to set priorities and objectives with minimal supervision
- Ability to provide direction and motivate others
- Ability to travel on occasion
Apply (or request more information): Apply today! Easterseals Job Application via CofC Alumni Career Center
Latest posts by Megan Gould (see all)
- Charleston City Paper: Seeks Music Intern (Fall 2020) - June 29, 2020
- Charleston City Paper: Seeks Editorial Intern (Fall 2020) - June 29, 2020
- Darkness to Light: Seeks Communications Intern (Fall 2020) - June 29, 2020