With Who: Darkness to Light (D2L)
Location: Charleston, SC (potential for remote internship)
Dates: Fall 2020
About Us: Darkness to Light is a global nonprofit based in Charleston, SC that empowers adults to prevent child sexual abuse. We believe that protecting children is an adult’s responsibility, and that through education and training adults will be empowered to act. Our prevention education programs are the only evidence-informed, adult-focused child sexual abuse trainings proven to increase knowledge and change behavior. Our work empowers adults and organizations to bring best practices in child safety to their own communities. Since our founding in 2000, more than 1.9 million adults have been trained in our flagship program, Stewards of Children®, which is facilitated across the world by over 12,000 committed volunteers.
We are a small team of go-getters, dreamers, and advocates. The Marketing and Communications team is looking for an energetic intern to assist and support with quarterly digital communications campaigns. This includes supporting research and data-gathering, content creation, and metrics tracking. It also includes supporting the marketing efforts of our network of volunteers and problem-solving to meet their needs.
About You: You are a college student pursuing communications and/or marketing and interested in creating conversations around social change. You are considering entering the non-profit workforce and looking for experience on a small but rigorous team. You are an independent worker, but you are also ready to grow and take direction well. You have skills:
- Strong writing and editing abilities; able to balance a friendly, editorial voice with education and research
- Eye for design; working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator a plus!
- Research wizardry; able to track down and organize information, especially when it comes to website and social media analytics
- Ready to make friends; as a communications professional, interpersonal communication is crucial. You’re able to connect well with colleagues and audience base alike.
- Passion for social change (need we say more??)
- Must be a Sophomore or older
- Not compensated, college-credit available
- Remote work available, open to considerations as the COVID-19 situation allows
Apply (or request more information): If this sounds like you, send along your resume and cover letter to media@D2L.org.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Camp Happy Days: Seeking Remote Marketing and Events Intern (Spring 2021) - December 4, 2020
- CofC Libraries: Seeks Marketing & Outreach Student Assistant - December 4, 2020
- Amazon: Seeking News Monitoring Coordinator - December 3, 2020