With Who: Cut Entertainment Group
Location: Charleston, SC
Dates: Fall 2020 or Spring 2021
Position Description: Cut Entertainment Group (CEG) is a production and distribution company responsible for nearly 135 feature film sales worldwide. In addition, CEG has produced several feature and short films that have received global distribution through studios, mini-majors, and independent distributors. Over the next three months CEG will release five titles in the US; each on Redbox, Amazon, Netflix, and Showtime, among other media outlets. Previous titles sold feature the talent of Gary Oldman, Alexa Vega, Gabriel Byrne, Rob Schneider, Rob Morrow, Judd Hirsch, Ally Sheedy, Janeane Garofalo, AJ Cook, Josh Stewart, and Casper Van Dien to name a few.
Duties May Include:
- Researching various websites listing completed feature films
- Viewing trailers/screeners and assessing genres to determine whether films are salable to the public
- Contacting managers or agencies such as CAA, WME and others to obtain producer/director information
- Contacting production companies and inquiring whether films are available for distribution in both North America and worldwide
- Discussing contract needs with above-the-line talent
- Attending producer/director/writer meetings and learning the distribution language
Qualifications Include.. …candidates with an understanding of basic production terms and an interest in immersing themselves in the sales, distribution, and financial aspects of the motion picture business.
Notes: Candidates will receive a stipend. It is recommended candidates peruse company website prior to applying to get an understanding of CEG product.
Apply (or request more information): Send resume and cover letter to:
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Central College: Seeks Content Specialist – Editorial - October 20, 2020
- 4 News Now: Seeks News Content Producer - October 20, 2020
- KXLY TV & Phase 3 Digital: Seeking Media Sales Account Executive - October 20, 2020