Handshake is looking for a Content Strategist Intern
Read more below–
Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a part-time Content Strategist Summer Intern on the Student Product Team reporting to the Director of Student Product.
Millions of students log into Handshake every day, trying to figure out what is next for them. While existing job platforms cater to experienced hires with established networks who know what they’re looking for, Handshake is the leading career platform for students. Handshake is changing the landscape of how employers evaluate candidates and helping students put their best foot forward.
As a content strategy summer intern, you will be responsible for all the in-product words that we use to communicate with students. You will be responsible for setting the tone of Handshake to help students achieve their professional goals – being supportive, vibrant, real, and intentional.
- You will write email copy and in product text to guide students through their Handshake experiences
- You’ll think strategically about how we are communicating with our students to make the most of all our touch points with them and drive them to the actions they need to take
- You’ll be able to come to the table with different options for content and make recommendations that will best serve our students
- You’ll collaborate closely with our design, product, and marketing teams
- The role can be remote and will be up to 20 hours a week
- You have experience writing and editing content – either for a school publication or past internship
- You are a university student with an interest in technology
- You are a problem solver and can generate lots of ideas to provide the best experience for students on the platform
- You are impact driven
- You have a clear and direct communication style both written and verbal
- You dive headfirst into understanding the needs of students and build products grounded in data and research
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on. It’s never someone else’s problem.
- A true passion for and commitment to Handshake’s mission. You show up each day to help all students no matter who they are or where they come from find and build a meaningful career
- You are constantly learning and growing
Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
…And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
This internship is posted on CofC’s Handshake platform. Visit this site to learn about how you can apply for this internship: https://cofc.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2764433/share_preview