The Division of Information Technology at the College of Charleston has a non-paid internship position open for a senior-level or graduate communication student for Fall 2019. The student would work primarily with the Director of IT Communications, but at times would interact with other members of Information Technology. Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- researching, creating, and implementing communication plans for Information Technology projects or services;
- writing and reviewing messages to disseminate to Information Technology stakeholders;
- assisting with creating content for Information Technology internal, external, and projects newsletters;
- creating content for weekly Information Technology social media posts; and
- designing communication and marketing materials (flyers, posters, graphics, photos, videos, etc).
Interest or experience with technology is helpful, but not required. Basic to advanced design skills are needed. This would be perfect for a student with interest in internal communications, marketing, or higher education, as our key stakeholders are students, faculty, and staff at the College of Charleston. Work environment would involve sitting at a computer, attending meetings, and performing tasks around campus as assigned (like attending outreach events, and distributing communication and marketing materials). At the end of the internship, the student would be able to compile a portfolio of their work while at the Division of Information Technology.
Any interested students should email their resume and cover letter to the Director of IT Communications at email@example.com. Cover letters should address why they are interested in the internship position and what skills they have to offer the Division of Information Technology. Portfolio samples will be considered if available.
Nicole RussoNicole Russo
- Communications Internship with CofC’s Division of Information Technology - July 11, 2019
- Sales/Marketing Internship with Grey Ghost Bakery - April 22, 2019
- PR Internship with The Public Theater - April 12, 2019