The Sophia Institute recently posted an internship on Handshake for Fall 2018.
Interested students can learn more & apply for the position by logging into the College of Charleston Career Center’s Employment Opportunities site, Handshake, at https://cofc.joinhandshake.com/
Job Title: Communications/Operations Intern
Location: 341 East Bay Street, Charleston, SC 29401 (Downtown)
Hours: Part-time position 10-15 hours a week, some weekend hours
Supervisor: Carolyn Rivers
Description: The Sophia Institute is a non-profit focusing on educating a national and global audience of men and women on the importance of developing wisdom, mindfulness and creating a more just, sustainable, and flourishing world.
As an Intern at The Sophia Institute you will assist in many aspects of the business. You will interact with program participants and donors, assist with marketing and event planning, help manage our website, and provide administrative support. This internship is unpaid.
- Assist staff with administrative tasks
- Assist staff with social media platforms and marketing plan
- Support staff in event planning and management
- Participate in brainstorming meetings
- Aide with membership management
- Assist with special projects
- Prefer GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Pursuing BS or BA degree
- An interest in non-profits and/or small businesses
- Great interpersonal skills
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic knowledge of website management
- Familiarity with Social Media Platforms
- Ability to work in a busy environment
- Prefer some training in marketing and business processes
- Alignment with our vision mission
- Learn the inner workings of a non-profit
- Learn how to facilitate events
- Learn how to operate social media for a non-profit
- Learn general office tasks such as answering phones and emails
- Learn to work with and build relationships with event participants and donors
How to Apply:
Email The Sophia Institute, your cover letter (preferred) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include “Internship” in your subject line.
Applications close on Nov. 30th at 2pm.