Communications Intern for Coastal Community Foundation
The Communications Intern position is a part-time, hourly position and reports directly to the Communications Officer.
The Intern will work on a variety of communications and marketing projects, including but not limited to coordinating and executing social media posts, writing copy for the website and interviewing internal and external stakeholders for blogs and newsletters; participating in planning meetings with staff; monitoring regional news and current events and the communications channels of our key stakeholders and other organizations important to our work; assisting the Communications Officer with branding and other strategic projects.
The candidate will work closely with key members of staff and community partners to help creative narrative work that speaks to what we do and how it impacts coastal South Carolina. This role will help us in increasing our social media presence, gaining visibility of our brand and streamlining our departmental processes.
The Communications Intern will be expected to work 10-20 hours per week.
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and essay response to the question listed below.
- Why do you want to work for Coastal Community Foundation?
Please submit materials to email@example.com in PDF format by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 for consideration.
- Coordinating, Creating and distributing content
- Help maintain a monthly social media and blog plan to ensure coverage of our work across our service area
- Find and pursue opportunities for social posts including Instagram and Facebook stories
- Pitch ideas for evergreen content
- Monitor regional nonprofits’ social media for sharing content
- Draft copy for and post blogs as needed
- Track down information for blogs and newsletter stories
- Occasionally interview grant recipients or donors for profile stories
- Help improve processes for internal and external communications
- Research to identify best practices for online content in the community foundation sector
- Help organize email lists and databases
- Assist donors, Board members, grantees, Professional Advisors, and the public in a courteous, helpful, and respectful manner.
- Support the Coastal Community Foundation’s practice of encouraging diversity, equity and inclusiveness.
- Pursue and apply professional and academic knowledge as necessary for the position.
Knowledge, skills, experience, and education required:
- Working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations).
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Coastal Community Foundation and the organizations and donors we serve.
Additional skills and experience preferred:
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, specifically InDesign and Photoshop.
- Basic graphic design skills (via online tools such as Canva)
- Experience with email marketing platforms (Mailchimp)
This internship is posted on CofC’s Handshake platform. Visit this site to learn about how you can apply for this internship: https://cofc.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2762493/share_preview