TITLE: Communications Intern: Rapid Response and Crisis Communications
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Marketing and Communications
SUMMARY: Darkness to Light, an international non-profit organization with a mission to empower people to prevent child sexual abuse, is seeking a part time Rapid Response and Crisis Communications Intern to work in our headquarters located in Charleston, South Carolina.
The Rapid Response and Crisis Communications Intern, under the leadership of the Director of Marketing and Communications, will assist with increasing our media listening and response programming, including building out our rapid response crisis communications functions. We are looking for a self-starter who is excited to bring creative ideas and is eager to contribute to an organization with a large footprint. The intern will gain experience with the inner workings of an in-house communications department, providing concrete deliverables and learning on the job.
The position is a 12-week term, with a 15-20 hour per week commitment. Work will be completed under supervision in-office, but there may be ability for remote work as deemed necessary/appropriate. Darkness to Light will offer a small stipend for the right candidate.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Working with the Director of Communications:
• Supporting the Communications Director and Communications Manager on ad-hoc and time-sensitive tasks related to the crisis communication and content creation
• Become familiar with important industry topics and trends
• Fully support Darkness to Light communication strategy and execute as needed
• Create and curate engaging content
• Effectively utilize social media and blogs
• Create and distribute press releases
• Curate nationwide stories of note and develop angles for opinion piece replies
• Perform research and market analysis activities
• Research and develop issue briefs and white papers on child sexual abuse and other factors which surround the issue
Our ideal candidate has the following qualities:
• Ability to quickly adapt to change and ability to report results
• Enthusiasm and interest in corporate communications and content building
• A team player with the ability to work collaboratively
• Enthusiasm and interest in child protective work
Please send all inquiries and resumes to:
D2L Communications Intern Search
Gwendolyn Bouchie Email: gbouchie@D2L.org Fax: 843-513-1623
Darkness to Light provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons. Darkness to Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
The language used in this document does not create an employment contract between the employee and Darkness to Light. This document does not create any contractual rights or entitlements. Darkness to Light reserves the right to revise the content of this document, in whole or in part. No promises or assurances, whether written or oral, which are contrary to or inconsistent with the terms of this paragraph create any contract of employment.