With Who: CofC Center for Sustainable Development
Location: This position can be completed virtually. (office based in Charleston, SC)
Dates: Spring 2021 (Monday, January 25 – Friday, April 23, 2020 (12 weeks; excl. Week of March 1st)
Hours: 12-15 hours per week during the academic year. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Compensation: $9.00 per hour
Position Summary: The Social Media & Graphic Design Student Coordinator position will hold dual responsibilities. The first area of focus is to produce and distribute content that highlights the Center’s diverse initiatives on social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The second area of focus is to conceptualize, design and evolve marketing materials to promote the Center’s mission, initiatives and events. He/She/They will help craft a branded identity for the Center that will engage our target audiences using existing brand identities and where appropriate developing new ones.
- Assist in maintaining and cultivating the Center’s social media pages, including:
- Produce and distribute timely, engaging social media content that helps capture the Center’s initiates both on and off campus.
- Design materials (including with Marketing where appropriate) to promote Center mission, initiatives, and events, including:
- Print materials (postcards, brochures, yard signs, etc.)
- Event posters and related materials (programs, sign-in sheets, etc.)
- Social media and web graphics, including rotating MyCofC Box
- Center swag and stickers
- Digital newsletter (in collaboration with the Editorial Content Intern)
- Coordinate messaging and content with the Center’s other media-focused interns and leadership to ensure alignment across channels and support a strong, positive brand
- Serve as liaison between the Center and select campus partners
- Interact with campus partner accounts to foster relationships and widen the Center’s media presence
Note: The specific duties outlined above may be amended as needed.
A successful candidate must have experience managing or contributing to multiple social media platforms and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and related design tools. Experience designing print materials, such as a digital newsletter, poster or brochure, is strongly encouraged. The successful candidate will possess a team mentality, strong communication skills, self-initiative and a creative and collaborative spirit.
Internship Program Requirements: In addition to the specific duties mentioned above, the Social Media & Graphic Design Student Coordinator will be required to complete the following as part of the core Center for Sustainable Development Internship Program:
- Weekly meetings (Mondays, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
- Mandatory events and trainings (e.g., Safe Zone Training)
One professional development session/semester
Two Center-sponsored events/semester (in addition to your core project/program)
- Document accomplishments, challenges, and pertinent information for future Interns
Outline Internship goals and maintain an Internship Checklist
Write a 250-word summary about events and major projects you coordinate
Send weekly updates to Staff Advisor
Complete pre- and post-Internship sustainability literacy assessment
Complete a self-assessment
Submit timesheets (semi-monthly)
- Team Communication:
- Meet with Staff Advisor on a semi-monthly basis
- Provide project/program updates during weekly Team meetings (semi-monthly)
- Respond promptly and professionally to Center-related communications (within 48-hr window)
- Enroll in the Sustainability Scholars Program
Note: The requirements of the Scholars and Internship Programs closely align, i.e., activities and completed deliverables for the Internship Program may be applied to the Scholars Program.
* The time spent completing the above counts toward the Program’s hour requirements.
This position requires a minimum commitment of one semester and 12-15 hours per week during the academic year. Some evening and weekend work may be required. Contract extensions are contingent upon performance evaluations and student interest.
- PT/FT undergraduate students
- PT/FT graduate students
- All majors, minors, years, and identities are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: Applications close on December 14, 2020 at 11:55 PM.
Apply (or request more information): Check out the full job posting on the CofC Handshake Portal.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- BagValet: Seeks Digital Media Intern (Summer 2021) - April 9, 2021
- Heart of Hospice: Seeks Marketing Intern (Summer 2021) - April 9, 2021
- New Directions Staffing: Seeking Part-Time Social Media Manager - April 9, 2021