Location: Charleston, SC
Type of Employment: Temporary, Full-Time, Recurring
Pay Rate: $14.00 – $17.00 per hour (Pay rate is commensurate with education/experience which exceeds the minimum requirements.)
Position Description: The Recurring Service and Signature Event Program Coordinator will work to build the capacity of programs that engage volunteers in civic based initiatives within the Charleston community. The Program Coordinator focuses on building relationships with community partners and students and coordinates the day-to-day activities in support of educational events, direct service and signature programs that provide students with high-impact civic engagement experiences. Alongside other CCE staff, develop mutually beneficial and long-standing relationships with community agencies in support of students’ engagement in the greater Charleston community.
This position will work from August 1st – May 31st each year and is renewable.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree required. Experience in higher education or community work is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Candidates should have knowledge of community service, volunteer coordination, campus/community partnerships, event planning, information systems, and management experience.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Office applications.
EDUCATIONAL AND SERVICE EVENT PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION (60%)
- Develops, plans and manages the coordination and execution of Volunteer Fair, Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week, QEP Day of Service, MLK Day, and 3-6 recurring service programming partnerships. Recruits community partners, manages cross campus student planning task-forces, scheduling, and logistics. Provides on-site event coordination which includes problem-solving, decision-making, and interaction with community organizations. Manages all event and project budgets to ensure cost-effective programs.
- In collaboration with CCE’s marketing fellow, contributes to content strategy for various recruitment and marketing materials for the events-related portions of the department and creates a weekly volunteer digest email to share service needs
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings and trainings, presents curricula, assembles presentations, prepares materials, and supports and/or facilitates classes, workshops, seminars, and other training services as necessary to ensure all components of the Triangle of Quality Community Service are met.
STUDENT ENGAGEMENT AND ADVISING (20%)
- Provides and/or coordinates comprehensive advising and related support to prospective and current student participants in programs, helping students connect their civic engagement to their academic and career pursuits; acts as student advocate, and provides day-to-day problem solving as necessary on student needs and issues.
- Coordinates and implements onboarding process for student volunteers, including recruitment, orientations, and ongoing trainings.
- Aligns CCE’s student engagement efforts with other units by coordinating select on-campus partnerships
ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS (20%)
- Serves as first line of communication for drop-ins. Meet with potential volunteers to discuss service opportunities and respond to inquiries regarding service involvement.
- Produces and maintains records, reports, documentation, and outcome based program assessment as required for students referred to service opportunities in the community and recurring service programs and events and their outcomes. Uses data to produce Annual Service Report and to contribute to the strategic planning and assessment activities for the Center as a whole.
- Manages the business operations of the Center and coordinates office functions. Orders departmental supplies & equipment, maintains the volunteer database, stays current on volunteer opportunities available, and manages the email@example.com email.
- Develops curricula and accompanying literature about responsible community engagement in addition to creating and delivering training programs on topics related to leadership development/education as well as community/civic engagement as needed internally and externally.
- Continually examines existing frameworks, structures, policies and systems to ensure quality programming for student experience and reciprocity based relationships with community partners.
- Recruits, hires, manages, trains and evaluates student fellows who oversee placement of students, faculty and staff in community service programs. Provides leadership, advice and assistance to staff regarding procedural compliance.
Application Deadline: April 20, 2020
Apply (or request more information): Apply today! https://jobs.cofc.edu/postings/9902