Location: Remote (company based in Charleston, SC)
Dates: Fall 2020
Hours: 10-15 hours per week
Position Summary: The Division of University Marketing and Enrollment Planning is looking for a creative social media intern to support our growing digital presence. The division is responsible for implementing comprehensive marketing campaigns and initiatives that address the needs and meet the strategic goals of College of Charleston.
Supervisor: The intern will be supervised and mentored by the Director of Social Media.
Duties and Tasks: The intern will assist the Director of Social Media with the following tasks:
- Support social media efforts including creating original content, drafting and scheduling posts, sourcing photos, monitoring hashtags and user engagement, tracking analytics and creating reports, market trend research and more.
- Maintain a social media calendar to coordinate projects and content planning.
- Complete an audit on College of Charleston social media platforms to maintain branding, quality and accuracy across platforms.
- Increase campus engagement and share the student experience by creating real-time and planned student-focused content.
- Help develop strategies for capturing target audience and student engagement.
- Proficiency in use of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok. Special consideration given to applicants with experience in the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Canva, video editing, and photography.
- Basic knowledge of social media strategy, including effective caption writing, post timing, and post frequency.
- Applicants should be in their sophomore, junior or senior year of college. All majors are welcome to apply for a non-credit internship with flexible hours. Students interested in for-credit internships must demonstrate that the internship relates to their major and must have approval from the internship coordinator in their respective academic department.
- Must be available to work 10-15 hours per week during the academic semester.
- Must have access to a computer and cell phone
- The intern will gain a portfolio of work regarding higher education social media.
- The intern will sharpen content planning and organization techniques necessary for campaign strategy and content marketing.
- The intern will gain experience in social media analytics and data management.
- The intern will have an opportunity to network with other professionals in the field during meetings and other virtual events.
- The intern will have an opportunity to conduct informational interviews with other professionals within the organization and job shadow based upon his or her interests.
Application Deadline: Applications close on August 14, 2020 at 11:55 PM.
Apply (or request more information): Apply today! See more internship description information, or submit your application via the CofC Handshake Portal. For the Fall 2020 internship, apply on Handshake by Aug. 9, 2020. In your application please include a cover letter, resume and two to three design and caption writing and/or original social media content samples.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Central College: Seeks Content Specialist – Editorial - October 20, 2020
- 4 News Now: Seeks News Content Producer - October 20, 2020
- KXLY TV & Phase 3 Digital: Seeking Media Sales Account Executive - October 20, 2020