With Who: College of Charleston Libraries
Location: Charleston, SC
Dates: Spring 2021 (January 4 – April 30)
Compensation: $10.00 per hour
Position Summary: The Marketing & Outreach Student Assistant promotes College Libraries’ programs and events to the College of Charleston campus and surrounding community through social media and other marketing communication.
Reporting to the Undergraduate Student Engagement Coordinator, the student in this position will work closely with faculty and staff of the College Libraries Access & Instruction unit to design and disseminate marketing materials and implement outreach strategies to increase awareness and use of library spaces, resources, and services.
- Create accessible and inclusive content for College Libraries social media specifically designed to engage a student audience
- Design and disseminate approved digital signage in the library and across campus
- Design and disseminate approved print marketing materials
- Assist with outreach initiatives and user research projects throughout the academic year
- Experience with social media platforms frequently used by the College student body
- Proficiency with desktop publishing and/or graphic design software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with College Libraries’ programs and events, spaces, resources, and services
- Familiarity with design principles, marketing strategies, and/or user research methods
- A passion for undergraduate student engagement and outreach
Application Deadline: Applications close on December 10, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
Apply (or request more information): Check out the full job posting on the CofC Handshake Portal.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Her Campus Media: Seeking Writers - January 15, 2021
- MUSC: Seeks Marketing and Student Recruitment Specialist - January 15, 2021
- MUSC: Seeks Global Health Communications Program Coordinator - January 15, 2021