Where: Charleston, SC
Description: The role will be remote/virtual with the exception of library and library-related events and promotion of in-person library services, campus-wide COVID-19 restrictions pending. (Office space is available in Addlestone Library for a hybrid work schedule, if preferred.) We are more than happy to work with your academic schedule. Must have access to a personal laptop.
- Attendance of LSA meetings every Thursday at 5:00 p.m. is required, but all meetings will be conducted via Zoom.
- Help to share the College Libraries’ mission and promote our spaces, resources, and services creatively across multiple channels and platforms.
- Work with LSA and the Undergraduate Student Engagement Coordinator—and communicating with our on-campus affiliates (e.g., the College Libraries’ Special Collections unit, the Avery Research Center for African American History and Culture, Information Technology and Student Instructional Technology Services, the Center for Student Learning, etc.)—to cross-promote events and resources and help to streamline messaging
- Design digital and print signage to be displayed in the library and elsewhere on campus as well as other instructional/promotional materials, such as bookmarks and rack cards to be used by CofC students
Skill Set and Responsibilities:
- Creatively work with the Undergraduate Student Engagement Coordinator and executive board members of LSA to create a cohesive social media and marketing strategy and carry out content launches across multiple channels and platforms
- Maintain best practices for all digital and print signage, bookmarks, rack cards, etc.
- Maintain best practices for all processes around social media platforms
- Report on the performance of posts and other marketing content
- Research external applicable resources and events to cross-promote
- CofC student (enrolled in any program, but coursework or training in advertising, branding, communication, and/or instructional technology is preferred) who has a strong interest in creating instructional/promotional content, an artistic eye, and the ability to turn around marketing materials and social media posts quickly
- Experience using Canva to create effective marketing materials
- Experience in social media marketing (specifically on Instagram and tangentially on TikTok), including planning, managing, and analyzing image and video content
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to apply iterative, constructive criticism from stakeholders (e.g. library administration, LSA members, etc.)
- An initiator and self-starter, someone who is driven by the College Libraries’ mission, and who can think creatively about reaching and engaging CofC student audiences across multiple channels and platforms
- Lived experience pertaining to marginalized or minoritized identities valued
- $21/hour for 20 hours/week for 15 weeks (300 hours total in Spring 2022)
- An opportunity to build a dynamic marketing communication and social media portfolio and develop your leadership potential by sitting on the LSA Executive Board and working with our team to advocate for and promote the library across campus
- A fun and inclusive environment with supportive mentors who encourage creativity!
Please upload two documents: 1. your resume, 2. and in one file a cover letter, examples of instructional/promotional material you’ve created and/or social media profiles you’ve managed (optional), and any other relevant marketing communication content and/or assignments you’ve worked on. Also include your favorite social media accounts if you’re feeling inspired!
After you apply, expect to hear back from our team shortly.
Maggie BoydMaggie Boyd
- UNCW: Hiring Public Communications Specialist - November 18, 2021
- MUSC Department of Pediatrics: Seeking Communication Coordinator - November 18, 2021
- CofC Libraries: Seeking Marketing Communications Assistant - November 12, 2021