Location: Charleston, SC
Employment Type: Full-time, Salaried
Salary: $28,215 – $37,454 (salary is commensurate with education/experience which exceeds the minimum requirements)
Position Description: Administrative Project Specialist is responsible for a wide variety of (routine and ad hoc) complex and confidential administrative and project management duties for the Office of Institutional Events at the College of Charleston. Organizes high profile events and projects.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience in events management, higher education, or public relations is required. Must have valid S.C. driver’s license. Candidates with an equivalent combination of experience and/or education are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have excellent organizational and communication skills and be able to work on multiple visible and high priority projects simultaneously. Planning, supervising and negotiating skills are essential. Experience in website and/or social media management is highly desirable, Some experience in budgeting, scheduling and document development is necessary. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, administration, vendors and the general public.
Additional Comments Regarding Position: Must be professional, discrete and tactful at all times. High profile position which requires exceptional organization and work-ethic, the ability to handle high stress situations and to maintain a professional demeanor. Must exercise tact, maturity and discretion in all matters.
On and off campus errands require the use of personal vehicle and the ability to traverse a large urban campus. Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary. Some lifting, pushing, carrying and reaching will be required.
- (50%) Coordinates and implements logistics related to campus events under the purview of the Office of Institutional Events. Participates in the planning of large, reoccurring campus-wide events such as, Commencement, Back-To-School Picnic, Convocation, Holiday activities and smaller events for donors/administrators. Works closely with on and off campus partners to ensure coordination and delivery of event needs including but not limited to Aramark, Facilities Management, Public Safety, Fire and EMS, Emergency Management, Alumni Affairs, and a multitude of off campus vendors.
- (20%) Maintains and monitors Institutional Events, President’s Office, and Commencement, budgets for events. Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations and laws and College policies regarding financial expenditures. Works closely with appropriate parties to process expenditures and ensure obligations are met.
- (10%) Supports outside projects and other highly visible events. Coordinates and provides logistics for meetings, communications, planning large- and small-scale events, processing invoicing and billing, coordination of student interns, etc.
- (10%) Maintains and monitors communication and RSVPs with guests and interested parties for events of all sizes for the Office of Institutional Events and President’s Office via email and phone. Maintains and monitors database systems for events of all sizes for the Office of Institutional Events. Communicates directly with outside database vendors to maintain appropriate administrative functions.
- (10%) Coordinates and implements logistics for filming and production from external entities under the purview of the Office of Institutional Events. Works directly with external organizations wishing to film/shoot, and coordinates with on-campus partners including Public Safety, Fire and EMS, Emergency Management, Legal Affairs, Physical Plant, Alumni Affairs, Information Technology, Office of the Registrar, etc. to coordinate filming. Utilizes a high level of confidentiality and discretion in communications.
Application Deadline: October 18, 2021
Apply (or request more information): For more information or to apply, please visit the CofC Jobs site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021
- D.C. United: Seeks Manager of Video Content - September 14, 2021