With Who: Coastal Community Foundation
Location: North Charleston, SC
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Position Description: The Communications & Marketing Specialist will work alongside the Communications Officer in executing strategic initiatives that elevate Coastal Community Foundation’s work and impact in communities we serve. The Communications & Marketing Specialist will also be responsible for initiatives specifically related to increasing CCF’s presence in the Southern Lowcountry region of Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper counties. The Specialist will assist the Communications Officer in establishing the CCF brand as a philanthropic leader in this key market, with localized content and relationship cultivation with key stakeholders, donors, grantees and members of the regional media. The Specialist will support the goals and activities of the Communications and Marketing team by producing quality content and design work for CCF publications, marketing materials, and other communications while regularly collaborating with the Grantmaking & Community Leadership and Development & Stewardship departments.
The Specialist will agree with and demonstrate respect for the Foundation’s belief that “diversity” means the active inclusion of the entire community as welcomed participants in all Foundation activities; support the Foundation’s practice of encouraging diversity, equity and inclusiveness as the cornerstones of all that the Foundation does.
- Write copy and create content to illustrate CCF’s impact for all publications, including blogs, print and digital newsletters, annual reports and social media.
- Consistent monitoring of news, events, community issues and discussions in the Southern Lowcountry through news and social media to determine potential news opportunities in the region.
- Manage CCF’s presence on all social media platforms, including developing, posting and scheduling content as well as monitoring performance and reporting key trends to Communications Officer on a weekly basis.
- Cultivate, pitch and prepare stories for articles, social content and press releases for the Southern Lowcountry market through interviews with grantees and donors, as well as data analysis on key initiatives and grantmaking.
- Adhere strictly to the CCF brand guide and help ensure consistent brand identity is employed throughout CCF materials and content, including those that originate in other departments.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and programs to provide supportive materials for Foundation initiatives.
- Meet regularly with team members working directly in the Southern Lowcountry region to gather intelligence on foundation initiatives as they arise.
- Work directly with media contacts in the Southern Lowcountry to pitch localized stories
- Help maintain the integrity of all mailing lists
- Maintain the inventory of all CCF marketing materials and stationery, working with vendors as needed to replenish supplies
- Provide general website support with updates and content development.
- Assist with filing invoices related to Communications & Marketing projects.
- Excellent written communication skills, with proven knack for inspirational storytelling.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with proven success handling overlapping deadlines.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Lightroom), WordPress or similar web platform, Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint and Word) required.
- Team player with ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff at all levels.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, branding, marketing, publishing, design or a related field
- At least one year of professional experience creating content preferred.
- Reliable transportation is required for frequent travel throughout our nine-county region.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Apply (or request more information): See the job posting, or request more information, on the Coastal Community Foundation Careers site. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and essay response to the question listed below:
- Why do you want to work for Coastal Community Foundation?
Please submit materials to firstname.lastname@example.org combined in one (1) PDF document by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, July 17, 2020 for consideration.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Samford University: Seeks Director of Strategic Communications - November 20, 2020
- Greater Capital Area Assoc. of REALTORS: Seeking Communications Specialist - November 20, 2020
- Concord Academy: Seeking Director of Marketing and Communications - November 18, 2020