CHStoday Digital Media Intern
Digital Media Interns will support the daily operations of CHStoday, a community-focused lifestyle brand and new media product consisting of a daily morning email publication, website with original editorial content, and social media platforms, providing consumers with everything they need to know to start their day and bolster their lifestyle in Charleston, S.C.
Interns will work directly with the Engagement Editor and Multimedia Producers in building CHStoday’s digital presence, engagement and user acquisition across multiple social media platforms and via the daily morning newsletter.
Interns are expected to work 15-20+ hours per week. Days and times of shifts are flexible. This internship is unpaid with the option for college credit. Pending quality of work, the option of post-internship payment as a freelance Contributor may be offered.
CHStoday is a community-focused lifestyle brand and new media product consisting of a daily morning email publication, website with original editorial content, and social media platforms providing consumers with everything they need to know to start their day and bolster their lifestyle in Charleston, S.C. Produced for the community by members of the community, its vision is to create the most engaged, loyal readership and follower base in the Lowcountry, establishing CHStoday as Charleston’s daily, must-read local multimedia content product.
CHStoday is part of an emerging and rapidly growing network of community-centric digital media brands – part of a new era of local media, focused on engagement + innovation in our cities.
• Junior or senior in college (or similar)
• Pursuing a career path in journalism, communications, social media or similar
• Self-starter with leadership skills and a passion for communicating information
• Skilled writer
• Highly engaged in social media
• Involved in the local community
• Works effectively with a team and individually in a fast-paced environment with daily deadlines
• Experience in social media management, WordPress, Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Suite, video editing, graphic design a plus
• Support daily operations of newsletter and broader strategic content plans for newsletter, including sourcing content, pitching intro themes, etc.
• Support social media efforts including creating original content, drafting and scheduling posts, sourcing photos, monitoring hashtags and user engagement, tracking analytics and creating reports, market trend research and more
• Support website management including uploading content
• Research engagement opportunities (events, marketing, influencers)
• Research and update best practices for email marketing and social media
• Support Ambassador program
• Guest contribute content to newsletter
Send a brief cover letter (no need to be formal), resume and work samples to jobs@theCHStoday.com. For more information, visit the original job posting here.
Latest posts by Cierra Seid (see all)
- Media Relations Internship with Milwaukee Brewers - December 20, 2018
- Research Scholars Opportunity with University of Delaware - December 13, 2018
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Intern - December 13, 2018