Marketing + Communications Internship
Dates: May 2019 – August 2019
We’re looking for a dynamic, energetic Marketing/PR + Communications major to assist and support marketing + communications initiatives to promote the 15th annual Charleston Wine + Food festival.
- Ability to work independently while also contributing to team goals
- Strong writing + editing skills
- Communication skills a must
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Drive, Dropbox
- Proficiency across social media platforms a plus
- Skilled in social media measurement and analytics a plus
- Ability to research + report
- Interest in event management a plus
- Ability to complete projects on time
- Use of personal computer
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a deep understanding of the Charleston Wine + Food marketing objectives and goals
- Assist in the creation + execution of the 2020 marketing campaign
- Assist with creation + execution of press releases
- Support media relations efforts, including but not limited to:
- Create timely and engaging content optimized for platform used and intended audience. Assist with scheduling.
- Analyze and report social media actions on a monthly basis for successes and new opportunities
- Identify new digital opportunities for the organization and its sponsors
- Stay current with social media trends and tools – including attending networking and educational events, reading blogs, and listening to podcasts
- Assist with internal content creation including but not limited to:
- Draft blog posts that are on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience
- Draft newsletter content that is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for user experience
- Community outreach
- Develop and maintain effective communication channels with internal and external customers
Dates of Opportunity:
15-20 hours per week, May 2019 – August 2019
This is an unpaid internship, but can be completed for credit.
Great culture + access to a world-class event + amazing networking and connections.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email no later than May 3, 2019. Phone and in-person interviews will take place in May 2019.
Marketing Coordinator, Charleston Wine + Food