Charleston Fashion Week is an incredible place to network for future internships, many of the sort that are of interest to Comm students!
- Event ticket sales
- Guest greeting and crowd management
- Directing guest seating
- Organization and placement of gift bags and event information
- Assisting retailers with setup and breakdown
- Beverage ticket sales
- Backstage production*
Multiple day or open availability is preferred over more limited availability. CFW volunteer positions and associated duties include:
- Guest Experience/Usher: Assist in seating guests, answer general questions, work with the Usher team to provide a seamless and welcoming experience.
- Box Office: Greet guests, apply wristbands, distribute credentials, answer guest inquiries, work with Box Office team to organize Will Call and sell tickets.
- Vendor Support: Greet guests, check credentials, answer questions, sell drink tickets, assist Style Lounge vendors in setup and breakdown, manage and streamline a pleasant and relaxing guest experience.
- Runway Support/Backstage Production*: Help designers and retailers load in and out, help organize and prepare garments to designer specifications, attend to all applicable backstage needs.
*Please note that only a select few with experience in high end-retail or fashion shows will assist with backstage production. Selection at CFW’s discretion.