With Who: Chadwick School
Location: Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA
Type of Employment: Full-time
The Communications Manager position is a unique opportunity to work in a creative, collaborative and inspiring marketing and communications department at one of the top K-12 private schools in Los Angeles. The Communications Manager will join a team of experienced and dynamic marketing and communications professionals who share a commitment to excellence and creativity in promoting Chadwick’s outstanding 21st century education. The Communications Manager is responsible for digital, print and multimedia communications to current parents and prospective families. Primary duties include creating and editing weekly newsletters and email communications to parents, as well as developing marketing communications such as brochures, newsletters and one-sheets for prospective families and newly admitted students. Additionally, this position supports the Marketing and Communications team with various tasks as assigned, including website content, video content, social media, event planning, collateral design and other school-wide Communication requests. The Communications Manager works closely with the Office of Admission and outside vendor partners. This position is a unique opportunity for a recent college graduate or early-career professional to get hands-on experience in integrated marketing functions and to learn from experienced marketing professionals with backgrounds in a variety of industries. The Communications Manager reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Supervises employees. Non-exempt position.
The Communications Manager is responsible for the following activities, as well as other duties as assigned.
- Provides communications support to Upper School, Middle School and Village School directors in weekly newsletters to parent communities.
- Communications support to include:
- Creating, editing and proofreading copy.
- Creating newsletter layouts and providing technical support using MailChimp and eNotify email marketing programs.
- Assisting in securing and inserting photographic and video content.
- Communications support to include:
- Produces schoolwide email communications to parents on behalf of the Head of School, Communications department, other departments and various parent groups.
- Develops newsletters for Athletics, Performing Arts, STEM and other departments as assigned.
- Manages electronic marquee and road signage requests and scheduling
Office of Admission Communications and Support
- Supports the Office of Admission in various communications tasks.
- Coordinates with Office of Admission to develop annual communications plan and schedule to reach prospects with Chadwick news and information.
- Creates and updates newsletters, emails, fliers, one-sheets and general marketing content.
- Creates communications regarding offers of admissions, including:
- Supports Multimedia Producer in development of welcome videos for Upper School, Middle School and Village School and other Admission video content.
- Assists Office of Admission in compiling welcome packages for newly admitted students.
- Assists Office of Admission as necessary in updating and distributing offer letters, financial aid letters and enrollment process letters.
- Supports Digital Communications Manager in development and maintenance of web pages for new admits to the Village School, Middle School and Upper School.
- Works with Office of Admission and supports Director of Marketing and Communications in design and development of the Chadwick Viewbook (every 2-3 years).
Marketing and Branding
- Works to ensure Chadwick quality standards and brand guidelines are followed in all communications.
- Designs layouts and content for newsletters, fliers, etc.
- Monitors email and newsletter open rates and click-through rates on a monthly basis and provides recommendations for enhancements and improvements.
Other Duties Might Include
- Managing the school’s social media accounts
- Involvement in Search Engine Marketing and PPC campaigns
- Overseeing the creation and delivery of social creative assets and copy
- Basic web content management
- Monitoring web and social media analytics and providing monthly reports
- 1-2 years demonstrated experience in internal and external communications, with extensive knowledge of AP style.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field.
- Impeccable skills in writing, editing and proofreading copy with clarity, brevity and creativity.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and resourcefulness.
- Proven flexibility and adaptability; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Dynamic self-starter and innovator with a commitment to lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- Must be a team player who is highly motivated and aligned with the Mission and Core Values of Chadwick School.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Mac environment, Google Docs and email marketing programs.
- Preferred experience with email marketing software (MailChimp or Constant Contact) and content design software (Adobe Creative Suite).
Salary: $55,000 – $60,000
Apply (or see more job posting information): Submit your application today! Chadwick School Job Application
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- BagValet: Seeks Digital Media Intern (Summer 2021) - April 9, 2021
- Heart of Hospice: Seeks Marketing Intern (Summer 2021) - April 9, 2021
- New Directions Staffing: Seeking Part-Time Social Media Manager - April 9, 2021