Location: Milwaukee, WI
Type of Employment: Full-time
The Marketing Specialist participates in and assists with planning and implementing promotion of UWM to prospective international students. Working in the UWM Center for International Education (CIE) and reporting to the Associate Director for International Partnerships and Market Development, the Marketing Specialist collaborates with colleagues in CIE, University Relations & Communications, and other campus units involved in international student recruitment. The Marketing Specialist engages prospective international students directly through print and digital media marketing campaigns, and also through UWM’s network of recruitment agents and international partner institutions.
The Marketing Specialist: Helps to develop and implement marketing plans for international student recruitment and student success initiatives; Assists with marketing communications across multiple channels including web pages, print, email, social media, video, and presentations; Evaluates effectiveness of marketing strategies to improve marketing efforts; Ensures that marketing materials are in compliance with UWM brand standards; Creates and updates CIE web pages, including the writing of website copy; Manages CIE social media accounts; Attends and reports on events related to international student success and campus internationalization initiatives; Assists with market research studies; Liaises with others involved in marketing across campus. Evening and weekend work may be required. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing, communication, or a related field
- Experience managing social media accounts on behalf of an organization
- Strong written communication skills as evidenced in cover letter and writing sample
- Experience engaging with those of other cultures or backgrounds
- Experience using WordPress
- Experience with interpreting digital media analytics
- Experience using graphic design software
Application Deadline: December 13, 2019
Application Instructions: Please submit a cover letter summarizing your prior experience and addressing the minimum and preferred qualifications (noted above), resume, brief writing sample, and contact information for three professional references. We do not anticipate contacting references unless you become a finalist. The writing sample could be website copy, for example, or other professional or academic writing.
Apply (or see more job posting information): Submit your application today! Center for International Education (UW – Milwaukee) Job Application
Latest posts by Megan Gould (see all)
- Charleston City Paper: Seeks Music Intern (Fall 2020) - June 29, 2020
- Charleston City Paper: Seeks Editorial Intern (Fall 2020) - June 29, 2020
- Darkness to Light: Seeks Communications Intern (Fall 2020) - June 29, 2020