With Who: CBRE
Location: Columbus, OH
Type of Employment: Full-time
Position Summary: Assists in the co-ordination and development of internal and/or external communication materials (newsletters, press releases, internet/intranet pages, annual and interim financial reports) and events, broadening knowledge and further developing skills. Acts as a liaison to external communications service providers. May assist in providing communication consultation to internal departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates press releases for manager review and web postings.
- Coordinates advertising projects and material postings with outside vendors.
- Coordinates the development and production of marketing proposals and collateral materials.
- Tracks and monitors media coverage and coordinates advertising activities and material postings with outside vendors.
- Promotes CBRE through events and editorial venues; may include coordinating sponsorships and assisting in event planning.
- Assists with projects as needed, including presentation decks, yearly budgeting, invoice processing and budget tracking.
- Supports communications needs of corporate operations and/or designated business groups and departments. Engages in the development and execution of communications programs. Coordinates a variety of specialized communication responsibilities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or a related discipline from 4-year college or university, and a minimum of 2-4 years of related experience and/or training. Real estate experience is a plus, but not required.
Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Financial Knowledge: Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages. Conducts basic financial analysis.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
Other Skills and Abilities: Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
Scope of Responsibility: Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to coworkers and supervisor.
Apply (or request more job posting information): Apply today! CBRE Job Application
Latest posts by Megan Gould (see all)
- Charleston City Paper: Seeks Music Intern (Fall 2020) - June 29, 2020
- Charleston City Paper: Seeks Editorial Intern (Fall 2020) - June 29, 2020
- Darkness to Light: Seeks Communications Intern (Fall 2020) - June 29, 2020