With Who: Carolina Dock And Marine
Location: Johns Island, SC
Dates: Summer 2020
Position Description: (This is a paid internship.)
- Department: Sales and Marketing
- Designation: Internship, Part-Time
- Pay classification: Hourly with Awesome swag including hoodies, Tees, and Columbia Shirts.
- Statement of general purpose: To provide marketing support to the team while mutually provided the intern with experience and insight to marketing and our industry.
- Chain of Command: Reports directly to the President of the Company
- Perform market analysis and research on the latest trends.
- Assist with daily administrative duties.
- Design and present new social media campaign ideas.
- Monitor all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
- Prepare detailed promotional presentations.
- Help with the planning and hosting of marketing events.
- Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content.
- Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content.
- Minimum bona fide occupational qualifications including prior experience, education, knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate course for Marketing, Communications or similar field.
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and social media platforms.
- Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a passion for marketing.
- Outstanding multitasking abilities.
- Reliable transportation.
- Physical requirements in order to perform the essential functions of the job
- This is a professional position which requires desk work as well as attendance at outside events.
- Must be able to spend time outdoors.
- Must be able to walk through rough terrain and long distances.
- Scheduling demands and constrains: The internship is part of an academic calendar and will follow semester schedules. The schedule will be determined as part of acceptance into the position.
Application Deadline: Applications close on May 8th, 2020 at 11:05 am
Apply (or request more information): Apply today! Submit your application via the CofC Handshake Portal.