Business Internship Description
Island Coastal Lager (ICL) is a premium growing beer brand based in Charleston, SC. Our all-American lager is brewed with only quality, all natural ingredients without fillers or preservatives. You can probably tell by our name that we market toward the island and coastal lifestyle, resonating with folks who enjoy the outdoors.
We are looking for rock star interns (undergraduate or graduate students) studying Communication, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, or Supply Chain Management interested in or who understand ‘lifestyle brands’. Someone who is passionate about and loves the outdoors, surfing, sailing, fishing, paddling–you name it! Spend time with a chill but fast-paced team, meet incredible people, learn new things and get exposed to great opportunities. We’re building a culture that rewards smart, driven, and fun-loving people. We all work hard and have plenty of fun along the way.
Interns will gain experience in the following areas: business operations, sales strategy, logistics + supply chain management.
Goal: Assist in expanding Island Coastal Lager’s footprint on the East Coast
Hours: 15 hrs/week minimum
Schedule: Flexible; must be able to arrive no later than 2:30 PM
Timeline: Fall Semester
Responsibilities: We value our crew, no matter what your role is. While you’ll have the opportunity to learn about the items below, you’ll also have the freedom and flexibility to work on the things that are interesting and most valuable to you.
- Develop an understanding of our brand, target market + goals
- Provide support to sales + distribution efforts
- Assist with preparation of sales materials
- Product management + distribution
- Conduct market research + report
- Website design + maintenance
- Entering data into our CRM
- Filing important documents
- Sales strategy + execution
- Market engagement
- Data analysis
- And then some!
Prior Knowledge + Skills:
- Driven, self-starter
- Use of personal computer
- Highly competent worker
- Able + willing to learn new things
- Critical thinking + problem solving skills
- Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Leadership + teamwork experience is a plus
- Strong written + verbal communication skills
- Ability to use/access Apple applications (i.e. Keynote)
- Can work independently + contribute to company goals
- Google apps experience + knowledge (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, Calendar, etc.)
- Can multi-task + meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with tools + resources related to sales (i.e. Hubspot, Dropbox etc.) preferred but not required
- Good vibes
If this sounds like you, please click below to apply and we will reach out to you: