Communications Intern at Bosch, LLC
Job Description (for spring and summer 2017)
What is the role of internal communications?
Working with internal departments to ensure consistent communication activities using the appropriate communication channels
Participating Interns Will Gain
- Meaningful hands on work experience in his/her related field of study.
- Opportunity to observe and actively participate in several facets of a business environment.
- Will be actively involved in supporting plant-wide and cross-functional projects
Ideal Candidate has:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Effective communication skills to all levels
- Is pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Communications, English or Marketing
- Support with the implementation of communication concept at Bosch Charleston facility
- Assist with the development of creative marketing and communication concepts
- Co-publish internal communications (newsletter, digital and print communications)
- Coordinate with internal and external agencies to create graphic design
- Develop content for all communication channels (newsletter, plant-wide emails, projects, internal social media platform)
- Write and proofread news and articles for internal audiences
Apply for this internship here.
About Robert Bosch, LLC
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. It employs roughly 375,000 associates worldwide (as of December 31, 2015). The company generated sales of $78.3 billion (70.6 billion euros) in 2015. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 440 subsidiaries and regional companies in some 60 countries. Including sales and service partners, Bosch’s global manufacturing and sales network covers some 150 countries. The basis for the company’s future growth is its innovative strength. At 118 locations across the globe, Bosch employs 55,800 associates in research and development. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to deliver innovations for a connected life. Bosch improves quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is “Invented for life.”
Charleston (ChP) Site Information:
We are a multi-GB manufacturing plant specializing in high volume production of precision electromechanical pumps and valves, e.g. Diesel and Gasoline Injectors/pumps and Chassis Control Hydraulic Units. Our technical competencies and focus on functional excellence enable us to delight our customers and stakeholders.
Beautiful, historic Charleston is located near the middle of South Carolina’s coast at the point “where the Ashley River andCooper River meet to form the Atlantic Ocean.” It is the state’s second largest city and the county seat of Charleston County. Charleston was originally called Charles Town in honor of King Charles II of England, and its nickname is “The Holy City” due to the many churches that help create its skyline. The city is located along the Atlantic coast, two hours north of Savannah and two hours south of Myrtle Beach.