With Who: BNSF Railway
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Dates: Summer 2020
Position Description: This is a paid internship. The Summer Internship Program provides interns an opportunity to learn more about how our efficient, safe and “green” rail network supports the global supply chain. Interns participate in group events and projects, experiencing first-hand what it is like to be a full-time BNSF employee. Operating one of the largest railroads in North America, we have countless opportunities for interns to develop their skills, create new ideas and even travel!
- Write company news and feature articles for posting on internal website and other communication channels, as assigned.
- Assist with special events, recognition programs, and other functions.
- Support content development for company-wide employee mobile app and for various social media outlets.
- Help monitor website statistics and social media usage, using various analytical and measurement tools.
- Assist in graphic design for a variety of digital and print publications.
- Assist with research and fact checking for company communications.
- Perform various administrative functions, including updating databases and mailing lists and other duties as assigned.
Additionally, qualified candidates must be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities listed above
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacles
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- If you are invited to interview in person, please bring your portfolio with you for the interview.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 for engineering majors OR cumulative GPA of 3.0 for non-engineering majors.
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or graduate degree program at an accredited university at the time of application and throughout the duration of the internship.
- Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDEinternships or positions held while in high school or college.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
- Relocation to Fort Worth, Texas for the summer.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Graduation date prior to September 1, 2021.
- Pursuit of a degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism OR a similar program
- Proven leadership experience and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Word, Adobe Acrobat, PhotoShop, Excel and Publisher
Application Deadline: Applications close on December 11, 2019 at 10:30 AM.
Apply (or see more information): Submit your application via Handshake today! (If you don’t have a Handshake account, select to create an account on the internship preview webpage. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org)