With Who: Ballad Health
Location: Johnson City, TN
Type of Employment: Full-time
Position Description: The Strategic Communications Advisor is responsible for developing and executing communications plans, messages and tactics that support the strategy, operations and overall reputation of Ballad Health.
As a member of the corporate communications team, the Advisor’s role:
- Leads internal and external communication projects to support specific operational changes and key strategic initiatives.
- Manages daily, tactical execution of communications plans, once developed.
- Creates communications strategies and messaging that frames initiatives, providing context and vision, as well as clearly explaining key operational details, taking into account diverse audiences for each message.
- Supports Ballad Health’s public profile and perception.
- Seeks opportunities to raise the national profile of the organization in coordination with the larger communications team.
Reporting to the Corporate Director of Communication, this position requires significant interaction within and across organizational lines, particularly with physicians and various leaders at Ballad Health. The Advisor is a key part of a fast-paced team that provides both proactive and reactive support to the Ballad Health team.
Adaptability, project management skills, tactfulness and diplomacy, as well as the ability to effectively manage time with a willingness to work in a team environment, are all essential.
- Develop comprehensive communications strategies to navigate complex operational changes. Strategies will need to be created in conjunction with leaders from across the business.
- Create audience-specific communication plans for various strategic changes. Plans will need to include comprehensive internal and external message development, tactic creation, and all materials and collateral.
- Gather information and convene meetings (creating agenda, facilitating discussion around materials and tactics) to create alignment around communication strategies.
- This role is both strategic (plan development) and tactical (plan execution). This role will need to create, review and edit various collateral including, but not limited to speeches/talking points, presentations, articles, press releases, white papers, marketing materials, digital content, video scripts, opinion pieces, public letters, social media content, etc.
- Work with Corporate Director of Communications, Corporate Director of Marketing and senior-level executives across Ballad Health to ensure initiatives are clearly tied to strategy and vision for Ballad Health.
- Develop programs that showcase Ballad Health as a thought leader on key healthcare issues.
- Be able to communicate effectively to a range of audiences like frontline team members, internal leaders, community leaders, government lawmakers, etc.
- Employ a variety of communications skills, including written, visual and oral, to achieve desired outcomes and measurable results.
- Project Management
- Serve as the go-to for operational direction and tactical challenges on assigned projects.
- Drive communication elements of projects and initiatives forward on-time and on-strategy, doing so in coordination with larger team.
- “Traffic manage” various workstreams and teammates to ensure successful project completion.
- Manage multiple major initiatives simultaneously, ensuring all projects stay on deadline.
- Identify key dependencies and risks around project portfolio.
- Executive and Team Skills
- Partner well with team members of all levels to gather information and create communications strategies and plans.
- Represent Ballad Health’s strategic priorities to key internal and external audiences, as projects require.
- Manage expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- Possess strong executive presence skills to represent communications plans with members of Ballad Health leadership.
- Industry Expertise
- Identify opportunities for continuous quality improvement in plans and messaging that are created.
- Remain informed of current events and trends in healthcare operations and policy, and proactively suggest ways to position Ballad Health within that context.
- Nuanced understanding of the healthcare industry is expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, marketing, public relations, English, business, business administration or related fields required.
- Seven to 10 years of professional experience in healthcare or business communications, public relations, strategy or project management. Experience in healthcare and/or health policy preferred.
- Exceptional oral and written communications talent, and familiarity with range of modern communications platforms.
- Leadership qualities, team-mentality, and ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Creative problem solver, detail-oriented and able to work well under pressure.
- Proven portfolio of related work products may be requested upon interview.
Apply (or see more information): Submit your application today! https://balladhealth.teds.com/careers/views/jobDetails.xhtml?reqCd=MSHA003PUT&reqRevCd=1 Or search other opportunities on the Ballad Health career site.