Archives For Candice O'Connor
The Riley Institute at Furman University is hiring for a full time position as Events and Marketing Manager. The Riley Institute, affiliated with Furman’s Department of Politics and International Affairs, works with issues of public education and diversity throughout South Carolina and brings speakers and scholars to campus and the state to broaden student and the public’s perspectives on issues critical to the state’s progress. The position will entail managing and aiding in managing the professional production of Riley Institute events.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years relevant experience; preferred fields of study include but are not limited to English, political science, and sociology
- Strong writer and editor, including for web, press releases, leave behinds, programs, and a variety of collateral materials
- Experience with social media
- Experience in event management and logistics
- Ability to synthesize information around complex topics
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Experience in Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in Photoshop and InDesign a plus
To apply click here.
The Water MissionTM organization is a Christian engineering nonprofit that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas.
The media relations and advertising intern will collaborate closely with the communication team to support major projects and ongoing activities including the ScottysRide.org summer campaign. The intern will get hands-on, learning experience with some of the latest media relations tools (Meltwater.com) and technology platforms.
Interested applicants can apply here: http://www.watermissions.org/employment
Charleston Wine + Food is looking for interns from August 2017-April 2018 in the following departments:
- PR + Communications
- Graphic Design
- Marketing + Social Media
To apply please submit resume and cover letter to Alyssa Maute Smith, Marketing + Communication Director, at email@example.com no later than May 30th, 2017.
**must be available to work festival dates February 28th-March 4th**
The Modern Connection located in downtown Charleston is looking to hire up to 4 interns that can commit 15-25 hours per week for their social media internship. Responsibilities include: content creation/implementation, social media releases, community engagement, strategy development, video shoots, graphic design, and more!
For more information click here.
Paid opportunity to create a 2-3 minute video about a young girl, Olivia, with Type 1 diabetes. Her family and friends are running the NY Marathon with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and are committed to raising $30,000. Through a video about her life, they plan to raise awareness.
For more information contact Abby Wallish at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-278-5894.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. Aramark is looking for an intern for the Fall 2017 semester to work 10-15 hours per week.
- Act as a liaison between Aramark and the student body through peer-to-peer marketing
- Interact with customers while working at various marketing events such as meal plan sign-up tables, dining survey stations, and theme dinners
- Distribute marketing materials to the dining locations and make sure materials posted are up to date (posters, table tents, napkin ads, hours, etc.)
- Lead team of marketing students to sell meal plans
- Provide fresh ideas for social media accounts and meal plan promotions
- Be knowledgeable in the meal plan structure, monetary value, and overall benefits of eating on campus.
- Present information to customers and answer questions regarding dining
- Work with Marketing Manager and Marketing Associate to plan and execute theme meals in dining hall
For more information click here.
The mission of The Purple Tutu is to bring the artistry of ballet to children with Down syndrome. The Purple Tutu holds weekly classes in Mount Pleasant and also participates in community events. They are seeking a student intern for the Fall 2017/Spring 2018 semesters interested in marketing/communications to help with press releases, marketing, and recruiting volunteers/dancers. A rough list of duties is as follows:
-write press releases and distribute them
-reach out to local newspapers, T.V. stations, magazines, blogs, and other news outlets to get coverage of our program
-be in contact with other Down syndrome programs and events (Ex. The Buddy Walk) to get us more connected in the community
-market the program to families with children with Down syndrome for recruitment
-manage the Facebook and Instagram pages
Contact Holland McDowell at email@example.com to apply
Coastal Island Properties LLC of Keller Williams Charleston-Mt Pleasant is looking
for an intern to help with social media, marketing, and communications to help expand our growing
business and keep up with the demands of how people search for real estate.
The time commitment is 7-14 hours/week for the semester. This is a remote position and you will
have the opportunity to have weekly FaceTime meetings. Flexible working schedule involving mostly
early morning and late afternoon/evenings.
Assist in maintaining all Lead Generation systems including:
Social Media Marketing; Facebook pages, Linked-in, Twitter, blogging posts, video posts
Email marketing campaigns
Advertising and target niche marketing – millennials/first time home buyers, relocation buyers/sellers,
second homes, investment properties, retirees
Website; creating content, videos, blogs, community info; utilize SEO to optimize traffic
Coordinate scheduling of videos; posts on youtube, team website, other…
-Must be organized, creative, computer/Social Media savvy with excellent writing/editing skills
-Social media experience with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Reddit, Snapchat
-Must be willing to work from home and communicate via phone, email and/or FaceTime, while still
-Photography skills are a plus!
Contact Desiree Maurer at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!
For the 2017 Spring semester, Charleston Shucker Company is looking for an intern in their marketing/advertising/social media departments. The individual hired for this position will need string critical thinking skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and knowledge of web and social media.
Responsibilities include/ but not limited to:
- Research wedding and corporate gift magazines and blogs and prepare a press kit with our products to send out to publications for possible inclusion.
- Research Holiday Gift Giving Guides (print, online and TV).
- Create/Design a product catalog or spec sheet for wholesale retail customers.
- Writing pitch articles for editorial in publications.
- Research SkyMall Airline magazine contacts for potential inclusion.
- The Charleston Shucker Co. will be going through a total website conversion in Jan/Feb/March. This will be an opportunity to learn and contribute ideas to website improvement.
- Drafting/writing content for Business Facebook and Instagram posts.
- Writing content for Mailchimp customer emails.
- Contact list of potential southeastern retailer for placement in their stores. Follow up.
To apply contact Lindsey Ballenger at email@example.com; 843 819 9070
Please visit: https://apply.whitehouse.gov/intern to submit your Summer 2017 application.A ll application materials, including recommendations, must be submitted on or before ***March 31, 2017 *** at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
Applicants must be U.S. citizens, must be 18 years of age on or before May 30, 2017, and must meet at least one of the following criteria to apply:
- Are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution)
- Have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution) no more than two years before the internship program start date.
- Are a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty–for any length of time–in the two years preceding the internship program start date.