Archives For Candice O'Connor
Paid opportunity to create a 2-3 minute video about a young girl, Olivia, with Type 1 diabetes. Her family and friends are running the NY Marathon with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and are committed to raising $30,000. Through a video about her life, they plan to raise awareness.
For more information contact Abby Wallish at email@example.com or 240-278-5894.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. Aramark is looking for an intern for the Fall 2017 semester to work 10-15 hours per week.
- Act as a liaison between Aramark and the student body through peer-to-peer marketing
- Interact with customers while working at various marketing events such as meal plan sign-up tables, dining survey stations, and theme dinners
- Distribute marketing materials to the dining locations and make sure materials posted are up to date (posters, table tents, napkin ads, hours, etc.)
- Lead team of marketing students to sell meal plans
- Provide fresh ideas for social media accounts and meal plan promotions
- Be knowledgeable in the meal plan structure, monetary value, and overall benefits of eating on campus.
- Present information to customers and answer questions regarding dining
- Work with Marketing Manager and Marketing Associate to plan and execute theme meals in dining hall
For more information click here.
The mission of The Purple Tutu is to bring the artistry of ballet to children with Down syndrome. The Purple Tutu holds weekly classes in Mount Pleasant and also participates in community events. They are seeking a student intern for the Fall 2017/Spring 2018 semesters interested in marketing/communications to help with press releases, marketing, and recruiting volunteers/dancers. A rough list of duties is as follows:
-write press releases and distribute them
-reach out to local newspapers, T.V. stations, magazines, blogs, and other news outlets to get coverage of our program
-be in contact with other Down syndrome programs and events (Ex. The Buddy Walk) to get us more connected in the community
-market the program to families with children with Down syndrome for recruitment
-manage the Facebook and Instagram pages
Contact Holland McDowell at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
Coastal Island Properties LLC of Keller Williams Charleston-Mt Pleasant is looking
for an intern to help with social media, marketing, and communications to help expand our growing
business and keep up with the demands of how people search for real estate.
The time commitment is 7-14 hours/week for the semester. This is a remote position and you will
have the opportunity to have weekly FaceTime meetings. Flexible working schedule involving mostly
early morning and late afternoon/evenings.
Assist in maintaining all Lead Generation systems including:
Social Media Marketing; Facebook pages, Linked-in, Twitter, blogging posts, video posts
Email marketing campaigns
Advertising and target niche marketing – millennials/first time home buyers, relocation buyers/sellers,
second homes, investment properties, retirees
Website; creating content, videos, blogs, community info; utilize SEO to optimize traffic
Coordinate scheduling of videos; posts on youtube, team website, other…
-Must be organized, creative, computer/Social Media savvy with excellent writing/editing skills
-Social media experience with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Reddit, Snapchat
-Must be willing to work from home and communicate via phone, email and/or FaceTime, while still
-Photography skills are a plus!
Contact Desiree Maurer at email@example.com to apply!
For the 2017 Spring semester, Charleston Shucker Company is looking for an intern in their marketing/advertising/social media departments. The individual hired for this position will need string critical thinking skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and knowledge of web and social media.
Responsibilities include/ but not limited to:
- Research wedding and corporate gift magazines and blogs and prepare a press kit with our products to send out to publications for possible inclusion.
- Research Holiday Gift Giving Guides (print, online and TV).
- Create/Design a product catalog or spec sheet for wholesale retail customers.
- Writing pitch articles for editorial in publications.
- Research SkyMall Airline magazine contacts for potential inclusion.
- The Charleston Shucker Co. will be going through a total website conversion in Jan/Feb/March. This will be an opportunity to learn and contribute ideas to website improvement.
- Drafting/writing content for Business Facebook and Instagram posts.
- Writing content for Mailchimp customer emails.
- Contact list of potential southeastern retailer for placement in their stores. Follow up.
To apply contact Lindsey Ballenger at firstname.lastname@example.org; 843 819 9070
Please visit: https://apply.whitehouse.gov/intern to submit your Summer 2017 application.A ll application materials, including recommendations, must be submitted on or before ***March 31, 2017 *** at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
Applicants must be U.S. citizens, must be 18 years of age on or before May 30, 2017, and must meet at least one of the following criteria to apply:
- Are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution)
- Have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution) no more than two years before the internship program start date.
- Are a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty–for any length of time–in the two years preceding the internship program start date.
The Direct Action & Research Training (DART) Center will hold an online information session on Wednesday, March 29 at 7 pm to discuss careers in community organizing with CofC students and alumni interested in uniting congregations and working for social, economic and racial justice.
RSVP at www.thedartcenter.org/
DART hires and trains organizers to build organizations that have successfully addressed issues including:
* Plugging the school-to-prison pipeline
* Reining in predatory lending practices
* Expanding access to primary health and dental care
* Prioritizing funding for affordable housing and job training
* Education reform in low-performing public schools
* Fighting for immigrants’ rights
Positions start August 14, 2017 in Richmond, VA, Louisville, KY, Topeka, KS, Evansville, IN and Daytona Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and St. Petersburg, FL.
Starting salary $34,000/year + benefits.
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. It employs roughly 375,000 associates worldwide. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology.
Communications Intern(s) for 2017 school year: January – June 2017; June – December 2017
What is the role of internal communications?
Working with internal departments to ensure consistent communication activities using the appropriate communication channels
Participating Interns Will Gain:
Meaningful hands on work experience in his/her related field of study.
Opportunity to observe and actively participate in several facets of a business environment. Will be actively involved in supporting plant-wide and cross-functional projects
Ideal Candidate has:
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Effective communication skills to all levels
Is pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Communications, English or Marketing
Support with the implementation of communication concept at Bosch Charleston facility
Assist with the development of creative marketing and communication concepts
Co-publish internal communications (newsletter, digital and print communications)
Coordinate with internal and external agencies to create graphic design
Develop content for all communication channels (newsletter, plant-wide emails, projects, internal social media platform) Write and proofread news and articles for internal audiences
Cisternyard Media is hiring for 5 POSITIONS for the following academic year 2017-2018. Applications close March 17th.
Video Manager – https://orgsync.com/36704/forms/247971/submission
Public Relations Manager – https://orgsync.com/36704/forms/247968
Editor-in-Chief Miscellany – https://orgsync.com/36704/forms/247961
Radio Manager – https://orgsync.com/36704/forms/247938
Sales Manger – https://orgsync.com/36704/forms/248066
Annex Studio, a digital branding company that crafts experiences for arts and cultural organizations, is seeking an intern for a summer position. The ideal candidate would be a junior or senior at CofC majoring in Business Administration, Marketing, Communication, or Arts Management. The internship would run from roughly May 15th until August 15th with a commitment of 15 hours per week.