With Who: American Dental Hygienists’ Association
Location: Chicago, IL
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Position Description: Are you a marketing executive who excels in strategically leading a marketing and communications team? Do you prefer a position within a small association where the strategies and initiatives you implement will have a direct impact on our audience and branding? In our Director of Marketing and Communications role, you’ll have the opportunity to partner with the senior leadership team to create marketing and communications strategies for our association. If this sounds like you, this might be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and part of the senior leadership team, the Director of Marketing and Communications strategically assesses the communications and marketing needs of the association and develops, implements, monitors and adjusts marketing and communications plans. Leading a small team, the Director oversees various association platforms including web, media, newsletter, journal and print magazines and ensures a consistent voice across these platforms.
The American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA) is the largest national organization representing the professional interests of the more than 185,000 registered dental hygienists across the country. The ADHA believes that dental hygienists should be valued and integrated into the broader health care delivery system in order to improve the public’s oral and overall health. For additional information, please visit us at www.adha.org.
How You’ll Serve Our Organization:
- Contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting related to ADHA’s strategic and annual operating plans
- Develop, manage, and monitor direct and related communications budgets
- Strategically assess the communications and marketing support by designing and implementing comprehensive internal and external communication to varied audiences using tactics and channels including web, social media, etc.
- Develop innovative, integrated marketing plans for the organization, working closely with internal divisions
- Set quantitative and qualitative metrics and results to evaluate the effectiveness of communications strategies and ensure quality standards
- Supervise the communications division team
- Collaborate with leadership and senior team to identify, create, and manage new strategic partnerships that can be leveraged for audience growth and brand awareness; lead development of integrated marketing plans for high-level initiatives
- Develop and oversee content for varied platform including speeches, brochures, IOH Foundation donor communications, Board of Trustees communication channels, web, media, and internal communications
- Oversee ongoing development, maintenance, and enforcement of the organizational brand guidelines such as all ADHA’s publication, including the journal, member magazine, newsletter and other material
- Build and continually optimize an award-winning website with a superior user experience that drives lead generation, engagement, and other supporter actions. Lead a full redesign of website and direct ongoing content development
- Manage all outside vendors relationships and contracts for marketing/communication functions
- Manage volunteer contributors, committees and any third-party vendors
What We Ask For:
- 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in marketing and communications. Experience in a senior staff role or management team preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required (Communications, Marketing or related field.) Master’s degree preferred
- Strong leadership and influencing skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with boards, members, vendors and cross functional teams
- Experience creating and implementing a full-scale integrated marketing strategy, including developing and managing graphic design (digital and print), photo, video, social media
- Skilled in managing and monitoring budgets
- Willingness to pitch in and wear many hats in a lean organization
- Willingness to travel as necessary (1% currently)
What We Offer: We offer an excellent benefits package including 401k with match, health, dental, life, LTD and paid time off; plus flexible hours and partial remote work options.
Apply (or request more information): Apply today! Submit your application via the ADHA Job Portal.
Latest posts by Megan Gould (see all)
- Amazon: Seeking Internal Communications Manager - May 21, 2020
- Spinx: Seeking Social Media Coordinator - May 21, 2020
- Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System: Seeking Communications and Digit Marketing Specialist - May 21, 2020