With Who: Amazon
Location: North Charleston, SC
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Position Description: In Books, authors are at the heart of what we do. It is that simple. We offer a team environment that thrives on innovation and excellence, and our staff is talented, energetic, and passionate about creating an exceptional customer experience. If you want to work for a team who delights customers, solves problems, and is at the forefront of innovation, the Event Coordinator is the job for you!
The Book’s Indie Pub Marketing team is seeking an Events Coordinator who shows strong ownership, time management, and facilitating virtual events. The events coordinator is responsible at the project level to schedule, build sessions in virtual delivery software, coordinate event times, manage the event calendar, and facilitate virtual sessions. In addition to organization, problem solving, and time management skills this role is expected to have rigor, skill and autonomy in basic project management functions around prioritization, project scope, communication, and project planning. The events coordinator we are looking for will be a “jackie-of-a-trades” when it comes to event management. They should have a wide variety of organization skills, be a self-starter, autonomous, know how to prioritize, and able to deal with ambiguity.
Strong written and verbal English communication skills are critical. This role will partner with different stakeholders, including product managers, integration project managers, country leads, marketing managers, PR, Legal, and authors.
The Marketing Events Coordinator Will:
- Schedule webinar sessions in the webinar delivery software
- Manage a virtual event calendar that includes: coordinating event times, scheduling and communicating with virtual event host, guest, and support staff
- HTML and web-publishing using Content Management Systems
- Facilitating live virtual sessions on a weekly basis
- Measure effectiveness of events using quantitative and anecdotal data
- Communicate effectively with other departments, in and outside of Books, for virtual event scheduling and improvements
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Associate’s degree in Communication, Education, Marketing, or equivalent
- Experience defining and improving processes and content in a business environment
- Experience speaking to large audiences
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as needed
- Fluent in English
- Comfortable appearing on camera for live presentations
- Project management experience
- Bias for data-based decision-making and strong analysis skills
- Experience working with the following Adobe software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Experience with adult learning models
- Intermediate HTML or XML skills
- Passion for books
Apply (or request more information): See the job posting, or request more information, on the LinkedIn Jobs site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Samford University: Seeks Director of Strategic Communications - November 20, 2020
- Greater Capital Area Assoc. of REALTORS: Seeking Communications Specialist - November 20, 2020
- Concord Academy: Seeking Director of Marketing and Communications - November 18, 2020