With Who: Amazon
Location: Arlington, VA
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Position Description: Amazon is looking for a detail-oriented, high-judgement, quick-thinking News Monitoring Coordinator to join Amazon’s Corporate Communications team. The news monitoring team supports multiple public relations teams within Amazon by monitoring online news and forums, identifying notable stories or posts, and managing Amazon’s general public relations email account. This team is foundational to the overall operation of Amazon’s public relations team, giving team members unique experience and insight into how public relations operates at a large company.
We are looking for a candidate who is detail oriented and extremely organized. They will need to be internet savvy and be able to sift through the Internet noise with an eagle eye for topics that are relevant to our business. This role requires candidates to read and assess high volumes of information in order to accomplish a specific task, learn and use search tools to help you find critical information, and contribute to reporting by entering high volumes of data with speed and precision. This is a critical support role within the organization that requires relentless attention to detail and a passion for finding a needle in a haystack.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, able to work in a global team environment, problem solve and possess a can-do attitude, and exercise sound judgement and critical thinking. This role requires the ability to multitask, meet tight deadlines, and switch gears at a moment’s notice; previous experience in a fast-paced environment is preferred. The candidate must be highly organized and react with appropriate professionalism and urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround. The successful candidate will plan-ahead, look around corners, manage their time effectively, and take initiative when they see a process is inefficient or broken. This position may require flex hours.
This position is an entry level role on Amazon’s public relations team, with the opportunity to grow your career and transition to a public relations role after approximately two years on the News Monitoring Team. Successful team members will have the opportunity to learn from and participate in out-of-scope projects to advance their experience and career.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Writing, Research, or related field
- 1+ years of communications, monitoring, analysis or related experience
- Knowledgeable about Google, Bing, and other methods to search the internet
- Ability to conduct quick and efficient research
- Passion for processes, mechanisms, and data management
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Experience working in Salesforce and other knowledge management tools
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, including managing multiple accounts
Apply (or request more information): Apply today on the Amazon Jobs site!
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Her Campus Media: Seeking Writers - January 15, 2021
- MUSC: Seeks Marketing and Student Recruitment Specialist - January 15, 2021
- MUSC: Seeks Global Health Communications Program Coordinator - January 15, 2021