Department: Alumni Affairs
Position: Communications Intern (unpaid internship–academic credit available)
Supervisor:Ann Looper Pryor ’83
Vice President, Alumni Affairs
Term of position: Minimum 15 hours per week, but no more than 20 hours per week.
Benefits: This internship will provide excellent, documentable experience in communications and marketing for an 88,000-member non-profit organization. Learn best practices for digital communications, social media, event marketing, and direct mail projects. Intern will have her/his own desk, computer station, and phone in the Alumni Center at Towell Library, in the heart of campus.
Job tasks and responsibilities may include any and/or all of the following:
- Develops messaging and selects images for distribution across the Alumni Association’s social media accounts, including: Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter;
- Assists in increasing the number of followers for each of the Alumni Association’s social media accounts;
- Assists with direct email and mail communications to alumni promoting events (Athletics, Cougar Club, Cougar Trail, Fall/Spring Alumni Weekends, etc.);
- Assists onsite with Fall Alumni Weekend events (in November) and,
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must:
- Be a current CofC student
- Possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate user experience on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Have strong skills with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Be dependable and display a positive, professional demeanor with staff, alumni, students, and others.
- To apply: Send cover letter and résumé to Ann Pryor at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
About the Alumni Association: Founded in 1888, the College of Charleston Alumni Association represents nearly 89,000 former students located across the country and around the world. The purpose of the Association is to promote the welfare of the College of Charleston. The Association is managed by the Office of Alumni Affairs at the College of Charleston.
Latest posts by Cierra Seid (see all)
- Media Relations Internship with Milwaukee Brewers - December 20, 2018
- Research Scholars Opportunity with University of Delaware - December 13, 2018
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Intern - December 13, 2018