With Who: 6AM City
Location: Various (Charleston, Greenville, Columbia, Asheville, Lakeland, Chattagnooga, Raleigh)
Dates: Fall 2020
Position Description: Digital media interns will support the daily operations of our local markets. 6AM is a local media company connecting communities through conversation, and redefining the way news and events are shared locally through a daily morning email, web and social content. Our goal is to provide readers with everything they need to know to start their day.
Must be availalbe 15-20+ hours per week in order to qualify for the internship program. Typical office hours are M-F, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. This internship is paid and may qualify for college credit.
GVLtoday is part of 6AM City, an emerging and rapidly growing network of community-centric digital media brands – part of a new era of local media, focused on engagement + innovation in our cities. Additional internship opportunities are available in all southeastern 6AM City markets.
- Support daily operations and broader strategic content plans for the newsletter, including curating content, writing original stories, pitching content ideas, etc.
- Support social media efforts including creating original content, drafting and scheduling posts, curating photos, monitoring user engagement and analytics, research, and more.
- Support website management including uploading and updating content.
- Research engagement opportunities (events, marketing, influencers).
- Research and update best practices for email marketing and social media.
- Assist in community outreach including attending and covering events to introduce the brand to local businesses and influencers.
- Learn all skills required to produce the daily newsletter product.
- Pursuing a career path in journalism, communications, digital/social media or similar.
- Self-starter with leadership skills and a passion for communicating information.
- Skilled writer.
- Highly engaged in social media.
- Passionate about the local community.
- Work effectively with a team and individually in a fast-paced environment with daily deadlines.
- Experience in social media management, Google Docs, WordPress or similar.
Apply (or request more information): See the job posting, or request more information, on the 6AM City Jobs site. Submit an Internship Program Application with a brief cover letter, resume, and work samples to the market you are interested in applying to:
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Samford University: Seeks Director of Strategic Communications - November 20, 2020
- Greater Capital Area Assoc. of REALTORS: Seeking Communications Specialist - November 20, 2020
- Concord Academy: Seeking Director of Marketing and Communications - November 18, 2020