Archives For January 2017
Earth Heart Growers, a SC non-profit organization, was created to help children understand sustainability practices. The main purpose of EHG is to integrate the natural sciences into the formal school curriculum through in-school garden, culinary, and baking instruction, along with a Kids Market program where the children package and distribute their homemade goods.
EHG is seeking interns to help with the website, blog, answering emails, and promoting/marketing via videos.
Contact Executive Director Liz Ramirez with any questions or concerns: email@example.com
Charleston Style & Design publication is looking for contributing writers and essayists.
Charleston Style and Design invites you to submit an original, unpublished personal essay of no more than 650 words for possible publication in our quarterly department, Reflections.
Your essay should present an idea, concept or experience that you think would be of interest to our readers.
For consideration, send your essay (via e-mail only) and a short two-sentence biography to firstname.lastname@example.org and place the words “personal essay” in the subject line.
The magazine is looking for writers with a clear, vivid style and experience writing about design and lifestyle topics. Articles range from 300 to 1000 words.
One-page queries, accompanied by clips, are welcome. They should summarize the subject, suggest an angle and explain why the topic is consistent with the magazine’s mission. Please do not send any materials you want returned.
Put your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and final word count at top right of the first page of text. And don’t forget your short one-line bio at the end.
MSLGROUP, a global PR agency with a variety of brands in the consumer, corporate, healthcare, and digital sectors, is seeking interns. Students can apply here before Feb. 26th: http://bit.ly/2iNulPI
The program is an 8-12 week paid internship where interns are embedded within a practice and assigned to various account teams. The internship offers a strong learning experience and prepares aspiring talent across the agency for the professional world.
Touchpoint Communications is seeking an intern at their award-winning downtown marketing communications firm. Qualifications are the following:
• Keen interest in social media and digital storytelling
• Experience with major social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram • Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint; Google Drive
• Good work ethic; ability to multi-task
• Enthusiastic, pro-active, positive attitude with good listening skills
• Ability to work independently
• Unpaid internship or for college course credit
• Flexible hours & schedule to be agreed upon by Touchpoint & candidate
• Must bring personal laptop
Please email resume and cover letter highlighting relevant experience to email@example.com with the subject line reading “Social Media Internship.”
The City of Charleston Office of Cultural Affairs is seeking internship applicants for spring, summer and fall Semesters and for the Piccolo Spoleto Festival. Below are the
About the City of Charleston Office of Cultural Affairs
Established in 1977, the City of Charleston Office of Cultural Affairs (OCA) is committed to promoting and fostering excellence through artistic expression, thereby enhancing the quality of life for all of Charleston’s citizens regardless of social, economic, or physical considerations. The OCA strives to provide access to the arts for all citizens and plays an important role in producing and/or supporting programs that educate, inform, and inspire through a wide variety of cultural activities that celebrate creativity and diversity, contribute to the area’s economic development, and underscore Charleston’s reputation as an international cultural destination.
The City of Charleston Office of Cultural Affairs recruits and trains over 30 college and master’s degree candidates to serve as interns leading up to and working during the Piccolo Spoleto Festival, MOJA Arts Festival and other special events. These students go on to careers in the non-profit sector, business, law, medicine and more after learning valuable skills in marketing, logistics, communication, production and management.
Litton Entertainment is actively seeking a college or graduate intern to assist our Business Development and Marketing department. See the complete internship description and directions on how to apply here.
Wanted: Professional caliber update of website for Charleston County nonprofit BEGIN WITH BOOKS using Squarespace or other current, mainstream, screen-responsive web platform. Existing website is www.beginwithbooks.org and is based on outdated googlesites technology. The current website is accurate as a primary source of background/information but the content will be substantially updated based on current messaging documents. Student will consult with BWB director for initial concept and ongoing direction and review on a pre-determined schedule. Student will be expected to gain an in-depth familiarity with the program and its objectives to strengthen the website’s appeal and effectiveness, but all final copy and photographs will be provided by BWB. The finished website must integrate with existing donation software. The expected deliverable is a complete, functioning website that can be maintained by BWB personnel at project completion. Student will be responsible for platform recommendation (including accurate comparative budgeting/functionality information), template recommendations, layout and structure (sitemap), uploads, revisions, all of which will be subject to approval by BWB prior to proceeding. BWB will be responsive to all queries and will provide copy, content, and necessary approvals in a timely manner.
Interested students should email Patty Bennett-Uffelman (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out more about this project and opportunity.
BEGIN WITH BOOKS
CHARLESTON COUNTY AFFILIATE OF DOLLY PARTON’S IMAGINATION LIBRARY
See full internship description here.
To apply, please email Deirdre Ostrander at Deirdre.Ostrander@Blackbaud.com.
Harry Barker, a local company the sells eco-friendly dog products, is looking to hire a digital marketing and e-commerce intern for the spring semester.
The Harry Barker Story
Ford model Carol Perkins founded Harry Barker in 1997 while recovering from Cushing’s disease, a life threatening and rare brain tumor. Before her illness, Carol appeared in everything from Vogue to Harper’s Bazaar to Victoria’s Secret.
While still modeling, she made her debut on Broadway as a fire-eater with Penn & Teller. Homebound during recovery, Carol turned to her love of dogs and textiles for therapy –and began creating dog beds, toys and robes for her friends’ pets. Soon, she was taking orders and hand sewing each one with care – launching Harry Barker from a table in her New York City loft. Today, Harry Barker uses earth friendly fabrics and azo-free dyes, eco-fleece and “green” bed inserts made from 100% post consumer recycled plastics. Harry Barker features all natural ingredients for treats and biodegradable shampoos. Whether it’s a collar made from 100% certified recycled plastics, a hemp striped dog bed filled with eco-fiberfill, or biodegradable pet waste bags made from recycled plastics, Harry Barker aims to improve the lives of pets and their people.
Harry Barker products are available worldwide at over 1,600 stores and many online retailers.
Read below for position details and information on how to apply for the internship position —
Position Title: Digital Marketing/E-Commerce Intern
Reports to: Marketing Director Department: Marketing/E-Commerce
General Position Summary/Job Scope
The Digital Marketing/E-Commerce Intern assists the E-Commerce and Marketing team with the back-end management of the website (www.harrybarker.com) as well as the day-to-day executions of Digital Marketing and Social Media tasks. The intern will work directly with the Marketing Director and E-Commerce team on tasks related to website maintenance, social media posting and scheduling, web promotions, social media advertising, Google Adwords, press, public relations, blogs and email campaigns.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Implement back-end changes to the website via Magento (content management system) such as image updates, product description updates, loading new product and creating new pages on the site.
- Curate and post content for social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Assist with paid advertising campaign implementation and management on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Google Adwords.
- Contact list creation for press, social influencer and blogs.
- Pulling and organizing media editorial calendars and developing press pitch ideas.
- Assist with weekly marketing reports that will include results from organic social media, paid social media, paid search, retail and wholesale emails and website analytics.
- Blog ideation, creation and uploading.
- Creative, thinks outside the box
- Ability to multi-task
- Comfortable with frequent changes
- Understands sense of urgency
- Willingness to learn and ask questions
Specific Job Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience and familiarity with all Social Media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube and Snapchat
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as Google Docs including Google Pages and Google Sheets
- Experience in Google Analytics and Adwords desired but not a requirement
- Experience in Magento desired but not a requirement
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once and catch on quickly to complicated processes
- Ability to gather insights quickly from large quantities of data
Education and/or Experience
- Two or four year degree or currently in college preferably majoring in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations or Business
- Experience working in an office setting is preferred
- Part-time: 10-20 hours per week, Tuesdays and Thursdays preferred
- Ability to stay seated for majority of eight hour work day
- Ability to perform computer work and answer phone
- Possible lifting of boxes up to twenty-five pounds
- Please note there are dogs on occasion at Harry Barker. If you are allergic or uncomfortable being around dogs, this is not the intern position for you.
To apply, email your resume, cover letter and available days/hours to Sarah Lovingood (email@example.com), Marketing Director at Harry Barker. The deadline to apply is January 25, 2017.