Archives For June 2015
Appalachian State University is hiring a Sustainability Communications Coordinator!
Direct link to the posting: http://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/7749.
Bachelor + one year related experience required. Masters preferred.
Application deadline: July 6, 2015
To view full job description and apply, click here: http://jobs.uoregon.edu/classified.php?id=5475
May 28, 2015
Position: Institutional Advancement/Campaign Website Intern
Supervisor: Jacee Brown Jennifer Lorenz
Web Strategy Manager Director, Advancement Communications
Term of position: Summer internship, 10-15 hours per week
Benefits: This internship will provide excellent preparation for entry level positions in any social media/web content strategy position. The intern will have the opportunity to have hands on experience utilizing social media for a large organization, making strategic decisions regarding social media and web content, and editing and creating content within WordPress for a major nonprofit.
Job tasks and responsibilities may include any and/or all of the following:
- Daily: review incoming social media related to CofC campaign (#boundlesscofc)
- Daily: responding to incoming social media posts related to CofC campaign as needed, tracking the interaction in Raiser’s Edge database
- Daily: approve/disapproving social media posts from outside authors for publishing on CofC campaign website
- Weekly: creating new social media content for CofC campaign website via twitter and/or instagram
- Monthly: report on social media activity related to CofC campaign (#boundlesscofc)
- Weekly: editing CofC campaign website as needed
- Weekly: formatting and adding new CofC campaign website content and material as needed
- Ability to use and work effectively with social media channels; specifically Twitter and Instagram
- Ability to work effectively with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Basic photo editing skills (photoshop experience a plus)
- Ability to edit pages and content within WordPress a plus
- Ability to use SproutSocial social media monitoring platform a plus
- Ability to use Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Experience working with social media for non-personal use (such as an organization or company) a plus
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Have an interest in learning about online media, web and social media strategy, and fundraising for nonprofits
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to donor and recipient information
- Be detail oriented, flexible and able to accept direction and constructive criticism
- Be dependable and have a professional demeanor
Application Process: All interested applicants should send a résumé with phone number and cover letter to Jacee Brown, Web Strategy Manager for Advancement, at email@example.com. The cover letter should include a paragraph detailing why you and the Institutional Advancement division would benefit from your internship. Please no phone calls.
WHO FOX NEWS CHANNEL
WHAT #ProudAmerican 4th of July Festivities
WHERE Patriots Point
WHEN July 4th 9a-9p (tentative)
FOX News Channel is looking for 10-15 helping hands from the College of Charleston. These students (paid @ $10/hr), will be acting as brand ambassadors. Sporting FOX News Channel / #ProudAmerican t-shirts, they’ll be responsible for walking the Patriots Point grounds, incentivizing #ProudAmerican social media activity amongst the folks and families on-site for the July 4th fesitivies. Students will be responsible for handing out free FOX News giveways from the branded FOX News Truck.
Should prove to be a great event, on a great holidy, providing excellent experience working for the #1 cable news network – FOX News Channel.