Archives For January 2015
SportsBusiness Daily seeks a Staff Writer for its international digital publication, SBD Global.
Qualified candidates for the Staff Writer position must have excellent knowledge of global sports and business, with strong writing and verbal skills. Foreign language skills are required for this position. Must have solid work ethic and thrive in a team environment. Strong copy editing skills needed. Candidates must be adaptable and have ability to pick up multiple tasks, must be comfortable with news aggregation, familiar with social media, and be able to work independently in a fast-paced news environment with multiple daily deadlines.
Job is based in Charlotte, N.C.
Internship Description: Island Realty Marketing and Creative Intern_Spring 2015
Communication Internship Available
The Women’s Health Research Team investigates health issues specific to women and adolescent girls, promotes interdisciplinary research collaborations, and communicates research findings and health-related information to empower women in our community, South Carolina, and beyond. The communication intern will join our existing, robust Women’s Health Research Team. You can learn more about our team at our website: http://hhp.cofc.edu/whrt/
The WHRT is seeking 1-2 communication interns for the spring 2015 semester. This is an unpaid communication internship. We will facilitate academic credit for internships and/or independent studies. Interns are expected to work at least 10 hours per week and attend WHRT meetings on Tuesdays from 1:30-3pm.
Interns will assist with the communication/public relations efforts of the WHRT. A communication major with a demonstrated interest in social media/health communication/social marketing is preferred.
- Writing/editing press releases and media kits
- Assistance with social media and email account
- Updating the WHRT website
- Special event planning, promotion and implementation
- Assistance with publicizing the WHRT, including publications and presentations
- Distribution of communication materials to internal and external publics
- Assisting with preparation of materials for presentations.
- Participate in Women’s Health Research Team meetings.
- Assist with additional duties, as needed.
- Excellent writing skills .
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail .
- Demonstrated experience with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook)
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Prezi
- Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to WHRT@cofc.edu. Apply by 5pm on Friday, January 16thfor best consideration.
Are you a recent graduate with a dual interest in business and communications? Wondered how you could possibly get experience in a federal setting? The EPA is looking for you!
ORAU announces a Business Communications Associate position immediately open with the Office of Research and Development (ORD) at the EPA’s Research Triangle Park facility in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina.
The Associate will assist the Office of Science Information Management (OSIM) within ORD to support the analytical and administrative duties required the support the administration, management and communication needs of the office.
Tasks include: Development of the OSIM Communication Plan, improvement of OSIM website, creation of OSIM FY15 Goals and Objectives, updating and managing the web-based OSIM RTP system, creating and deploying metrics across OSIM for special projects, and administrative support including meeting coordination, logistics, and records development of agendas and presentations, and other related tasks.
For more details and to apply, visit www.orau.org/epa.
Deadline to apply is January 23, 2015
Public Relations/Event Intern Wanted
Would you like to work with an award-winning downtown Marketing Communications firm? We seek an intern to provide great support, who is interested in learning about PR and events. You’ll hone data base development, PR measurement, event management and social media skills under the direction of experienced practitioners.
- Keen interest in Event Planning and Public Relations
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Strong online research skills
- Good work ethic; ability to multi-task
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, positive attitude with good listening skills
- Ability to work independently
- Unpaid internship or for college course credit
- Flexible hours & schedule to be agreed upon by Touchpoint & candidate
- Must utilize personal laptop
Please email resume and a brief cover note highlighting relevant experience to email@example.com with the subject line reading “Event/PR Internship.”