Archives For December 2014
Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry
Marketing Coordinator – Job Description
MISSION STATEMENT: The Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry is a non-profit organization whose mission is to engage young children’s potential by inviting families of all backgrounds to explore environments and experiences that spark imagination and stimulate curiosity through the power of play.
POSITION: Marketing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DESCRIPTION: The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for promoting and supporting all activities at the Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry. The Marketing Coordinator will be involved in all aspects of CML including Advertising, Public Relations, Press Relations, Promotions, Special Events, Fundraising Events, Email Communications, Website management, Social Media and more.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Promote the Museum and protect the reputation of CML, through general public relations practices.
- Maintain and build the Museum’s reputation as an outstanding educational outlet for families in the tri-county area. Ensure that CML maintains a positive image and reputation.
- Maintain Museum’s Brand Identity and Design all CML collateral and visual communication pieces, advertisements and correspondence including but not limited to ads, posters, flyers, brochures, marketing materials, fundraising materials, invitations and an annual report.
- With Senior Staff, approve all information displayed inside or outside of the Museum as well as all general correspondence sent out of the Museum to members or to the public.
- Develop Annual Marketing plan for print, web and event advertising within budget constraints – consulting with Executive Director on all media buying and budget planning.
- Create all print advertising & fulfill all advertising needs based on approved plan
- Oversee production of all print materials
- Research potential marketing and/or PR opportunities.
- Serve as the Museum’s media contact. Attend media events, seminars, PR events, etc.
- Write and disseminate all internal PR communication
- Write and distribute all press releases, pitch letters and other general PR communication
- Write and implement the annual Public Relations and Marketing Plan
- Maintain an up-to-date PR correspondence archive. Maintain an up-to-date PR and media contact directory
- Coordinate and/or fulfill any public speaking engagements or other outside PR opportunities
- Work in collaboration with all CML departments to maintain clear lines of communication and ensure appropriate joint planning.
- Share responsibility for audience development in concert with the Operations Department to achieve membership and ticket sales goals.
- Seek opportunities for community collaboration with like-minded organizations to maximize shared advertisement and increase media recognition.
- Work collaboratively with all staff to create bi-weekly email blasts using Constant Contact
- Update & Maintain CML website using Joomla! web content management
- Maintain all social media outlets including, but not limited to, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter and continuously seek out new social media opportunities.
- Strive to maintain and improve visitor experiences using periodic “mystery shopping” days. This includes, but is not limited to, going through the process of purchasing a ticket, navigating the website to find and purchase programs, events, and field trips, and attending outreach events as a visitor.
- Maintain marketing database of research, coupon tracking, surveys and results, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in appropriate field.
- 2-5 years experience in a marketing role.
- General knowledge of the nature and philosophy of Children’s Museums is a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of graphic design elements and programs– using Adobe CS4 products
- Knowledge of Google platform for Google Chrome, Calendar and Docs a plus.
- Team-oriented attitude
- Desire to work with young children.
- Able to represent CML in a professional manner.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Possess clear understanding of mission and goals of organization. Able to translate CML’s organizational vision into an effective development strategy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Able to present a professional public image.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Able to learn new software quickly.
- Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Ability to listen carefully to and understand customers’ needs, both internally and externally, and proactively respond to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Strong customer service skills with high energy level and ability to enthusiastically engage both large and small audiences.
- Experience working collaboratively with artists, event planners, vendors, and other cultural organizations.
- Pass SLED background check.
DISCLAIMER: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position and in no way is to be construed as a contract. As with all positions at CML employment is “at will” or voluntary on both the part of the organization and the employee. Employment is not for a set period of time and may be discontinued by either party for any reason with or without notice.
Mail, Fax or Email resume & cover letter to:
The Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry
25 Ann Street
Charleston, SC 29403
No phone calls please
Closing Date: Until filled.
Full Internship Description: InternshipDescriptionWinter-2015
The World Cocoa Foundation (WCF) is a membership based non-profit organization founded in 2000 for the purpose of promoting social and economic development as well as environmental stewardship in cocoa-growing communities. WCF achieves its goals by working through public-private partnerships that bring together donors, chocolate/cocoa industry members, cocoa producing country governments, research institutes and non-governmental organizations. In carrying out its mission, WCF provides a limited number of full-time and part-time Washington-based internship opportunities to motivated undergraduate and graduate students interested in developing their professional capacity in the field of sustainable international development. More information on WCF can be found at www.worldcocoa.org
Family Services, Inc. (FSI) is a 126-year-old nonprofit organization that empowers individuals to achieve financial and housing stability through advocacy, counseling, and education. Our programs include homeownership promotion, financial coaching and education, behavioral health counseling, and homeless prevention services. Learn more at www.fsisc.org.
FSI is looking for an exemplary and hard-working student intern with an interest in marketing, public relations, and research, who will:
- Assist with event planning for the Money Rocks youth financial education summit (learn more at www.moneyrocks.org); this may include: fundraising, material and curriculum preparation, volunteer recruitment, advertising planning, and event registration
- Design marketing materials for classes and events using Adobe programs
- Manage social media accounts for the organization (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Blogger, etc.)
- Edit website content through the content management system (CMS)
- Create and submit press releases and email marketing campaigns
- Distribute surveys along HIPAA privacy guidelines to clients through email and phone
- Collect survey data and compile into Microsoft Excel
- Analyze and present data to Marketing & Development Director and management
10-12 hours per week. Days and hours to be worked will be set in accordance with student’s schedule. FSI’s hours are Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Intern schedule will be flexible with arrangements to meet at least weekly with FSI Marketing & Development Director.
Special Skills Needed
- Computer program experience: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Ability to learn additional programs including, but not limited to: Constant Contact, Debt Management Software, Microsoft Access, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Kentico Content Management System
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to follow through on responsibilities
This is a non-paid internship. The internship could lead to full- or part-time employment opportunities, but not guaranteed. The Family Services, Inc. office is located at 4925 Lacross Road, Suites 215 and 205, North Charleston, SC 29406. Student should have reliable transportation and will receive travel/mileage reimbursement monthly. This position is an ongoing position available throughout the spring, fall, and summer semesters. The intern will be supervised and will report to the Marketing & Development Director. Applicants will be asked to submit resume and permission for FSI to run credit report and criminal background check.
Contact Jenna Johnson, Marketing & Development Director, 843.735.7854, firstname.lastname@example.org
Watauga Group is actively seeking an intern to join our growing team. This individual will support our paid media buying and planning team and an array of clients with a focus in the digital media and social media space. Our office is shared with the cool folks at Charleston Magazine centrally located in Mount Pleasant but not too far from the Peninsula!
Who are We:
Watauga Group is a traditional, social, digital and word of mouth media planning and research agency focused on making our clients budgets as impactful as possible. We also have offices in Atlanta, Orlando and Tampa.
We inspire our people as they become media and research experts. How? By offering a flexible paid internship that may evolve to full time team members after grad! We work with fun clients like Charleston Fashion Week, Jewelry TV, NAPA, the Professional Photographers Association of America, Home Depot and Ann Taylor. Sounds pretty cool, right? We think so too. But then again, what’s not to love about a fun, smart, and forward-thinking agency?
We’re growing (but still a little scrappy), and we’re looking for one smart student to join us. If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a current undergraduate SENIOR candidate who can start part-time in December. The length of the internship is through April (10-20 hours per week) with the possibility of an extension or part-time employment offer
* Monitor budgets, track KPI’s, and report on paid media programs
* Research techniques in staying on top of market trends
* Assist in different aspects of project execution and coordination for our clients
* Prepare media authorizations, spreadsheets, marketing plans
* Compile analysis reports and proof of performance metrics
Please contact Michelle Evans, Director and Principal at email@example.com