Archives For October 2014
Kurt Cavanaugh, Executive Director
Charleston Moves advocates and provides leadership to transform Charleston into a bike and
Safe. Connected. Livable.
Communications & Grant Writing Intern (part time, unpaid)
Charleston Moves is a small nonprofit organization with one full-time employee and a volunteer
Board of Directors. Interns are integral part of everything we do. Interns work directly with the
Executive Director to build capacity for Charleston Moves. Along with technical and creative
writing skills, interns develop leadership skills by taking responsibility for projects and reporting
project updates to the Executive Director and/or Board of Directors.
• Research and develop database and calendar for available/applicable grants and
Corporate Giving Programs
• Develop system for tracking grantor requirements and application deadlines
• Draft full grant proposals for submission
• Write a compelling Case for Giving
• Provide fundraising committee monthly reports and attend committee meetings as
• Current full-time student
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Self-starter and ability to work independently. Motivated, curious, reliable and flexible
• Available approximately 8 hours per week, or 120 total hours in a semester
• Passion for urbanism and commitment to helping transform Charleston into a bike and
• Send statement of interest (no more than one page) and resume (as one PDF file) to
email@example.com with ‘Grants Intern’ in the subject line.
Ellie Somerville McNevin, a 2009 graduate of the Department of Communication, is seeking an intern to work with her 1-2 days per week at her consulting business. Local brands include Croghan’s Jewel Box and Bob Ellis on King Street as well as Tara Guerard, Pixie Lily and Christina Jervey Jewelry (also local). Her work focuses on PR and marketing, as well as branding and social media.
If interested, email Ellie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WeddingWire is the nation’s leading technology company serving the $100+ billion wedding, corporate, and social events industry. Simply put: We connect people with great merchants and help event merchants grow their businesses. We are also a GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
WeddingWire is looking for a full time Sales Associates to help build partnerships with local event professionals to help grow their businesses online.
About The Job:
Have Fun. WeddingWire Sales Associates work in a fast-paced culture, surrounded by talented, motivated and intellectual colleagues. As a member of one of Mid-Atlantic’s fastest growing businesses, our Sales Associates embrace the opportunity to drive results that directly impact the company’s overall growth and bottom line.
Make a Difference. The primary responsibility of this role is to engage with various wedding and event merchants in an assigned territory to help their businesses grow. Through a consultative sales process, our Sales Associates build rapport with business owners to advise them on best business practices and how to stay ahead of technology and industry trends.
Grow Personally and Professionally. Our Sales Associates participate in ongoing training specially designed not only to make them an expert on WeddingWire’s advertising and business management services, but also to strengthen their sales skills and foster overall professional development. Our Sales Associates manage all aspects of the sales process including prospecting, pitching, closing and pipeline management. Their compensation and career growth are determined by their quality of work and proven performance.
- You are comfortable making cold and warm calls and have excellent phone presence.
- You are extremely organized and have a proven ability to exceed performance goals.
- You are confident and enthusiastic when presenting information to decision makers.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are goal oriented and have accountability for your work.
- You thrive in a fast paced and competitive team environment.
- You earned your Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record.
If this describes you, click here to apply and start your career adventure with us!
Click here to view the brochure for Michelin Job/Internship Opportunities
Point of Contact:
Director of Marketing & Community Relations
Arcadia Publishing has an urgent need to find a skilled marketing employee who can work at least 20 hours a week in our office in Mount Pleasant. The opportunity is a temporary paid position for a period of a minimum of 3 months, with the possibility of becoming a full time permanent hire in 2015. Candidates should have experience with Photoshop, InDesign, and email marketing and email newsletters. Ideal start date is the week of October 6, 2014.
The part-time position is primarily focused on digital marketing and social media campaigns as follows:
· On a day-to-day basis, responsible for creating various online assets including banners, landing pages, promotional emails, etc. Implement monthly digital marketing plans, develop engaging graphically pleasing content for enewsletters and special offers, and track ROI.
· Manage the company social networking presence on a daily basis on sites like Facebook and Twitter and various other social media outlets. Work closely with other departments to identify and implement initiatives to increase the company’s online presence and encourage the sales of company books.
· Ensure quality of online website content, keep content fresh and engaging, including overall layout look and feel; web banners; updates to featured books, special offers; and strategic initiatives.
Send cover letter and resume to the attention of PJ Norlander, Director of Marketing, at email@example.com