Archives For August 2014
Bard MBA in Sustainability seeks a Program Associate
Interested in building a new kind of higher education program? Bard College’s MBA in Sustainability is one of the few business programs globally that fully integrates the study of business and sustainability. Our curriculum ensures that students master the business case for sustainability, understanding how to align profit, environmental, and social metrics. The curriculum is organized around weekend-intensive residencies in New York City, supplemented by regular online instruction.
The Bard MBA is seeking an entrepreneurial program associate to join our growing team and help shape the next phase of the program and position us for growth. This role is based at our Hudson Valley campus in Annandale-on-Hudson, NY, with overnight travel to New York City one extended (4-day) weekend per month. Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Program Associate’s responsibilities will include:
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, the Program Associate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and prioritization of the program including:
• Budget management and basic accounting
• Student Services including enrollment support, grade submission, and responding to student inquiries
• Liaising with various departments on the Bard Campus specific to MBA operations and goals
• Training faculty to effectively utilize online learning management systems and teach in an online environment
• Contributing to conversations and presentations about growing the Bard MBA, curriculum review, and internal operations improvement
• Proposing internal process improvements where necessary
LOGISTICS AND EVENT COORDINATION
Planning and execution of various program-related events including:
• Planning residency weekend and online class schedules
• Managing logistics in-person at NYC-based and Bard classes during monthly Residencies
• Arranging travel and lodging for faculty and guest lecturers
• Booking classroom and event space
• Scheduling and coordinating other program meetings including faculty retreats, curricular design brainstorms, and advisory board meetings
• Ordering course and event materials and refreshments
• Managing the academic calendar
• Assisting faculty with administrative matters
The Program Associate will have substantial interaction with executive staff, faculty, guest speakers and students. See our Faculty here: http://www.bard.edu/mba/people/faculty.php This is a great opportunity to interact with sustainability thought leaders and engage in a wide range of activities while building professional and entrepreneurial skills.
• Bachelor’s degree, with one to three years of professional work experience
• Excellent communication, organizational, and project management skills
• Proactive and conscientious with ability to self-manage
• Excited to grow and improve upon an innovative sustainable MBA program
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and the names of three professional references by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.
Department: Alumni Relations
Position: Marketing & Communications Intern (academic credit only)
Supervisor: Katie Heath
Assistant Director, Marketing & Communications
Term of position: One semester or full year, 10-15 hours per week
Benefits: This internship will provide excellent preparation for entry level positions in any Marketing & Communications position. The intern will have the opportunity to have hands on experience with alumni marketing and communications include working on the alumni website, social media, data mining and targeted marketing as well as meet Alumni Association Board of Directors members.
Job tasks and responsibilities may include any and/or all of the following:
- Assisting the Assistant Director, Marketing & Communications as needed.
- Create innovative and engaging social media campaigns and posts for Facebook and twitter.
- Work with schools and departments to send emails, set up event registration pages and track the effectiveness of communications. (This may require work in InDesign or Photoshop)
- Support Alumni Relations staff in the planning and implementing of Alumni Association Board of Directors meetings (full board meetings, committee meetings, executive committee meetings).
- Assist with the Alumni Survey, sent every three years.
- Create and implement a “Dean’s Summit”.
- Ability to work effectively with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Publisher.
- Basic knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud NetCommunity, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Have an interest in learning about Marketing & Communications and working with a non-profit board.
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be detail oriented, flexible and able to accept direction and constructive criticism.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to alumni information.
- Be dependable and have a professional demeanor.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds and climb two flights of stairs.
Application Process: All interested applicants should send a résumé with phone number and cover letter to Shanon Dooley, Alumni Relations Associate Director, Operations at email@example.com. The cover letter should include a paragraph detailing why you and the Alumni Relations Department would benefit from your internship. Please no phone calls.
Department: Alumni Relations
Position: Alumni Relations Events Intern (academic credit only)
Supervisor: Jess Tuckman
Assistant Director, Events
Term of position: Fall and Spring semesters, 10-15 hours per week, some nights and weekends
Benefits: This internship will provide excellent preparation for entry level positions in any event planning or project management position. The intern will gain valuable experience in successfully planning and executing a variety of events, including but not limited to A Charleston Affair and the Alumni Awards Gala. This position will also provide excellent networking opportunities at events with various College of Charleston Boards and other friends of the College.
Job tasks and responsibilities will vary based on the upcoming events and will include but not be limited to the following:
- Assisting the Assistant Director of Events as needed.
- Developing various aspects of events: invitations, menus, seating charts, facility layouts, nametags etc.
- Establishing budgets.
- Coordinating campus departments and vendors.
- Reserving event space.
- Learning event protocol and etiquette.
- Securing volunteers and sponsors for events.
- Working various Alumni Relations/Alumni Association events.
- Ability to work effectively on a computer using Microsoft Excel, Word, Publisher, and Powerpoint.
- Basic knowledge of Raisers Edge is a plus.
- Have demonstrated strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to alumni and financial information.
- Be detail oriented, flexible and able to accept direction and constructive criticism.
- Be dependable and have a professional demeanor with others including alumni, students, staff and vendors.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds and climb two flights of stairs in the Blacklock House and the Sottile House.
Application Process: All interested applicants should send a résumé with phone number and cover letter to Shanon Dooley, Alumni Relations Associate Director, Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should include a paragraph detailing why you and the Alumni Relations Department would benefit from your internship. Applications must be received no later than Sunday, September 7, 2014. Please no phone calls.
Marketing / Social Media / Business Development Coordinator
The Business Development Coordinator has a key support function for AlphaGraphics. The purpose of this position is to provide assistance in marketing, sales outreach and customer support for the business center. The Business Development Coordinator will conduct internal marketing, sales and customer support activities for AlphaGraphics. It is expected that this position will be proactive, rather than reactive to customer situations. Ensuring our customers have a positive, long-term relationship with AlphaGraphics. A successful BDC will have positive interaction with the Production staff, providing communications and support between Sales, Operations and the customers. They will maintain accurate customer and account data, review, and mine this data for positive, timely and relevant communications with our customers. The success of this position can be measured through customer feedback, Center sales growth, and profitability. The BDC should enjoy working with people in a fast paced and creative environment. The BDC will be involved with direct print, digital print, online and digital marketing, as well as social media applications. Candidates should possess strong communication and organizational skills, as well as time management. Accepting applications – Part-Time
Charleston Forty is an absolutely incredible organization to join, not only to familiarize yourself with the College, but also to show your pride and love for your school to other perspective students. Over your four years C40 becomes a group of friends and family to you and we would love to have you come out to our recruitment! Charleston Forty is also an organization for every type of person, regardless of hometown, major, extracurriculars, etc – as long as you have a passion for all things CofC!
So in brief…
What: Charleston 40 Recruitment
When?: September 5-7
Where?: Office of Admissions (below Craig, across from the Cistern)
How?: Pick up your application & sign up at the Office of Admissions and return it by September 3rd! Then get ready for your group interview and mock tour on Friday, September 5 from 5-6:30.
Please feel free to email our Membership Coordinator if you have any further questions at email@example.com .
SAF Campaign Director
CSSC is hiring a Campaign Director to help coordinate its Students Against Fracking (SAF)
campaign in California. This position is initially hired at 30 hours per week as a temporary
employee. The Campaign Director will work with students across California on both statewide
campaign strategy and local campaign implementation and development.
Duties and Role (15-20 hrs/wk):
1.) Helping develop a strategy for resisting hydraulic fracturing and other extreme methods
of petroleum extraction in California, including:
a.) Statewide strategy–applying pressure on California State Legislature to push for
a statewide ban on fracking, conducting research to support campuses in
education, getting out the vote; and
b.) Local Strategy–supporting campuses in their own local bans, education of
campus and surrounding community, and other regional efforts.
2.) Supporting campuses and campus leaders for their own needs and campus goals
related to the campaign, via:
a.) Running strategy workshops and coordinating with campus leaders;
b.) Communicating virtually (via phone, email, Skype, etc.) with campus leaders to
support campus activity and planning (e.g., faculty engagement, staff
engagement, community engagement, demonstrations, events); and
c.) Ensuring that each campus strategy is cohesive and integrated within CSSC’s
statewide strategy to ensure maximum impact and success.
3. Representing CSSC in the broader statewide and national networks of anti-fracking
a. Coordinating with coalition partners, including Environment California,
Californians Against Fracking, and Energy Action Coalition;
b. Encouraging students to coordinate and organize with local, grassroots
community organizations; and
c. Engaging in national strategy discussions.
4. Maintaining key records of events, campus and campaign metrics, etc.
5. Managing SAF Field Organizers, which entails having weekly check-ins, reviewing logs
or other forms of accountability mechanisms, providing support and delegating projects,
and connecting them with mentorship and resources.
6. Fulfilling administrative duties, including, but not limited to, participating in staff calls,
Operating Team coordination, staff reporting, and leadership retreat and convergence
preparation and participation.
Additional duties (10-15 hrs/week):
1. Coordinating with the Development Director on campaign-specific fundraising, grant
identification and drafting, as well as donor outreach (when applicable);
2. External communications of campaign via public relations/outreach, press releases,
social networking outreach, and support for students writing for media outlets; and
3. Research for the campaign, including identifying key facts and figures to provide support
for student talking points.
CSSC seeks self-motivated individuals with a strong background in organizing and campus
engagement. Other desirable qualities include current involvement in extreme energy resistance
efforts, strong analytic skills, writing skills, and comfort working in a collaborative organizational
structure. Applicants should meet the following qualifications to apply:
● Have at least 6 months of prior involvement with this or a related campaign
● Have worked with students before on similar efforts
● Be able to work from a remote location and willingness to travel when appropriate
● Have a proven ability to take initiative, good time management, and motivation
● Have experience with reading, executing, and writing budgets
The California Student Sustainability Coalition is an equal opportunity employer with a
commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, low-income
persons, LGBT persons, differently-abled people, and other people from diverse
backgrounds. People from these and other historically marginalized backgrounds and
communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Starting salary is $2,500/month for a current contract of 6 months with an expected extension to
10 months pending funding. Options for renewal can be discussed upon successful completion
and evaluation of term.
Please email your résumé, a cover letter, and 1-2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please address these questions in your cover letter:
● What relevant experience do you have directing campaigns or programs and how does
this translate to this particular campaign?
● What is your experience working with students?
● Why is Students Against Fracking an important campaign?
The deadline for applications is midnight, September 5th. Interviews will be scheduled shortly
thereafter, and final decisions to be made on September 12th with the position starting
September 15th. Students Against Fracking
The Red Cross is working on a campaign and on-going projects that require assistance from volunteers/interns.
For the campaign, Red Cross needs students that can help with social media posts to their friends, organizational and club contacts about a “two-day text to give or give online” campaign for Prepare SC. The two-day giving event will be Sept. 21 and 22 for the 25th anniversary of Hurricane Hugo when Red Cross opened 238 shelters and housed over 46,000 people in South Carolina. Red Cross will also need them to follow Red Cross facebook pages and like us and re-tweet our Red Cross tweets those 2 days.
Additionally, Red Cross needs students that can be on set at the local television stations the evening of Sept. 21 and 22 for text-a-thons with news stations. The students will sit at a table an answering the phones when viewers call into to donate. They can also be monitoring, liking and re-tweeting the news stations social media during the text-a-thon.
Ongoing, Red Cross needs students to be on our Public Affairs Team which takes photos, writes press releases for Red Cross activities.
If you’re passionate about social progress and want to make a difference, this is the
perfect job for you! The American Civil Liberties Union of South Carolina seeks a
talented Communications Intern to perform communications and on-line advocacy work
for academic credit under the supervision of ACLU-SC staff.
Full internship description: 2014 March Communications and Marketing Intern Application
Island Realty is looking for a Marketing and Creative Intern to join them for the fall semester. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the marketing field.
See full internship description here: Island Realty Marketing and Creative Intern_Fall_14
This internship will provide excellent preparation for entry level positions in any social media/web content strategy position. The intern will have the opportunity to have hands on experience utilizing social media for a large organization, making strategic decisions regarding social media and web content, and editing and creating content within WordPress for a major nonprofit.
Click here for full description: Campaign Website Intern