Archives For May 2014
Center for Women is looking for a reporter and videographer for two of their events this summer/fall. Please read the descriptions and needs of each event below, and contact COMM alumna Leigh Ann Garrett (email@example.com) if interested!
Fri, Aug 1 –Be Brave Brunch (honoring 8 women/men in Lowcountry, who have shown bravery in their personal and/or professional lives)
For video: interview our 8 finalists, collect photos from them re: their story, edit to make 10 mins max; giving each person about 1.5 mins of coverage. (we are flex on time and would love input/expertise on this!)
Along with a keynote speaker, this video will be shown and the winners awarded a certificate, etc at event.
Weds, Sept 17 – N.E.D movie showing at Cinebarre (docu on GYN cancers and women’s health. N.E.D is a rock band founded by GYN oncologists!) This event is a fundraiser for the ‘Lowcountry Women with Wings’ health awareness program here at the C4W.
For video: interview local survivors of GYN cancers, that we’ll identify, as well as a few health professionals. Compile their stories, some still photos and perhaps music overlay. We are thinking about 3-4 mins max… ALSO, a 30 sec teaser/promo video about the movie showing/event that can be a trailer that Cinebarre shows before some movies in Sept and that we can use on our website
The Charleston Conference is an annual conference that draws over 1600 librarians, publishers, and vendors to Charleston to discuss issues of shared interest. In addition to its usual keynote speakers, plenary and concurrent sessions and other programs, it has steadily increased its video component and this year hopes to expand its video offerings further by having a roving reporter do video interviews of conference participants. The conference is scheduled for November 5-8, 2014.
A videographer is needed to record the interviews who is qualified and interested in working on this project. They are open to a student intern who might do this for class credit or to paying an interested student who has video experience.
Interested candidates should email Tom Gilson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Harbor Entrepreneur Center is looking for 4 motivated interns to help continue marketing/public relations/communications campaigns during the summer.
A Harbor Accelerator Intern in the area of Marketing/Communications would carry out a variety of activities in the effort to increase public awareness of the organization as well as community involvement. Activities may include: Publicize happenings and collect followers through Social Media Manage Contacts Update website Create content for email newsletters
Qualifications: A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications Proficiency in leveraging social media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter to meet organizational goals. Experience with newsletter writing Preferred Ability to learn quickly and manage data in an organized fashion. Working knowledge of MailChimp Ability to Communicate a message Remove Qualifications: Experience with Newsletter writing preferred
As an intern for The Harbor Accelerator, in Mt. Pleasant, SC, you get to experience the fast-paced growth of our non-profit and young start-up businesses. Starting in June, you will work closely with start-up entrepreneurs as well as seasoned executives in multiple industry leaders, and receive a well-rounded business experience to bring into potentially any job you may receive post-internship. The very nature of the start-up program allows for a non-threatening environment, so when you learn, others learn with you. Just like you, people have ideas, but need advice, support, and answers. As one who desires to develop real-life business experiences, you get to participate an internship where you can learn along with others how to start a business, establish a base of clientele, give an effective sales pitch, and execute your plan strategically.
To Apply: E-mail a resume: email@example.com
- SC Equality is expanding! We are hiring an Education & Outreach Coordinator to help meet the regular requests to speak around the state, attend community events, and lead our outreach efforts at Pride festivals in South Carolina.
- The Education & Outreach Coordinator will also help me with a very special partnership with South Carolina’s Department of Health and Environmental Control (aka DHEC) to provide LGBT health trainings to a number of organizations working on the Healthy South Carolina Initiative — a project funded by the CDC.
- Want to join our team and work for SC Equality? Click here to learn more about the position and how to apply!
Special Events and Fundraising Internship
Office of Development
Hollings Cancer Center
Medical University of South Carolina
The Intern will work on various details for the special events at the Hollings Cancer Center.
- Business and Professional Etiquette
- Excellent Phone, Computer, Writing and Organizational Skills
SPECIAL EVENTS DUTIES:
- Assist in maintaining volunteer contact list and communications with volunteers
- Recruit volunteers for Hollings Cancer Center fundraising events
- Develop job responsibilities and train volunteers for various fundraising events.
- Work with Hollings Cancer Center staff and event organizers to develop volunteer needs and responsibilities
- Develop an introduction and training guide for all volunteer opportunities
- As scheduling permits, supervise and manage volunteers at the following fundraising events
- Intern will serve as the volunteers’ point of contact at events
9/15/2014– Hollings Cancer Center’s 19th Annual Golf Tournament
- 8AM-3PM- Turtle Point Course, Kiawah Island Golf Resort
9/2014- The Pink Card Campaign and Pink Night Out
- 4-7 p.m.- Tanger Outlets, North Charleston SC
9/2014- LoCo Motion
Bluffton and Hilton Head Island, SC
9/28/2014- Jerry Zucker Ride for Hope
- 6AM-11AM- Awendaw
9/28/2014- Taste of Charleston
- 9AM-4PM- Boone Hall Plantation, Mt. Pleasant SC
10/2014- The Point Is 6th Annual Camp for a Cause
- Wadmalaw Island, SC
11/7-9/2014- Racuets for Recovery
- Pine Forest Country Club Summerville, SC
11/15/2014- Knology’s 5K Pajama Run
- 8AM-11 AM- Waterfront Park Mt. Pleasant, SC
- Manage Volunteer Stewardship and Follow Up
- Prepare follow up material to include thank you notes and interest in future participation
This internship is an opportunity for a student to get hands-on experience with community and individual relationship building as well as a chance to be a part of a special events team for a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center and distinguished university hospital. The intern will be given real responsibilities and projects to take on as their own; accountability is essential for this internship. There will be contact with our key community partners, board members, donors, and volunteers for the intern to develop their network of connections.
The largest event is the Hollings Cancer Center 18th Annual Golf Tournament which is held on Kiawah Islands prestigious Turtle Point- Monday September 15, 2014. Attendance to this and other special events throughout the fall is requested.
This is an UNPAID internship. Hollings Cancer Center will provide reimbursement for any mileage or expenses incurred for events during the internship.
This internship will be for the Fall 2014 semester. We would prefer a consistent schedule throughout the week: however, we are flexible and understanding of a student’s class schedule. We are looking for about 8-15 hours per week. To realize the full potential of the management and supervisory roles of the internship, we request that the intern be present at the above mentioned events. For the right candidate, opportunity for student to intern the entire academic year.
Please email a resume and cover letter to:
Director of Special Events