The Graduation ChecklistApril 23, 2012 — Eric Anderson
by Jenn Sheehan
I loved college, though I was ready for something new after four years at a small liberal arts university on a secluded campus. Being the first in my family to graduate from college, however, I was at a total loss as to how to prepare for and what to do once the day came. Between my independent study, thesis, extra class and graduating in the midst of a recession, I avoided thinking about life after graduation my last semester, but, looking back, there were many things I could have done to prepare and make taking the next step easier once graduation day arrived.
Now that I’ve had a few years to find my way, I’d like to share a list of smart things you can do now to prepare for graduation and beyond. Though it may seem scary and sad to leave school and move into the real world, your future will be exciting, bright and just as fun!
To view this article in its entirety, please click here.
Interested in other articles about things you can do to prepare for graduation, and life after college. Check out these other Graduation Checklist resources:
- WetFeet.com Post Graduation Checklist
- College Graduation Checklist: Tips for Students Preparing to Graduate and Leave School (Campus Life @ Suite 101)
- College Graduates: Take Control of your Career from Day One (myFootPath)
- Graduating in Spring?: Assemble a Checklist (Chicago Tribune)
- A Quick Checklist for a Long-Lasting Career: Tips for New Graduates (Careers in Cloud Computing)