header image

Division Spotlight: Linda McClenaghan

Posted by: Jennifer Stevens | November 20, 2013 | No Comment |

lindamcclenaghan2

Linda McClenaghan, Human Resources

Briefly describe your role.

My role is to support the faculty and staff with professional development opportunities, which include supervisory practices, supervisory critical skills, and Microsoft Office workshops.  Currently I am conducting a “What’s My Style” series. I also organize community-building events such as summer and holiday craft, community, and learning workshops, wellness workshops, and financial information workshops. One of my favorite community events is the Every-Other-Year Lightsey Picnic.

What is the function of your department?

Human Resources is a customer service department dedicated to serving not only our faculty and staff, but the customers who apply for positions at the College. Our goal is to make the employment experience at The College as positive as possible…from application to retirement.

How long have you been working at the College?

Eleven years on August 19.

What brought you to the College?

My husband and I bought our house the year before Hugo and finally fulfilled our dream of moving to Charleston in 2001. We took a year off and then in July 2002, I started looking for a job. I picked up the newspaper and said “here’s my job” and there was never a question that this is where I belonged.

What do you like most about your job?

I love learning and creating.

What are some of your favorite memories from the College?

As corny as it sounds, I was quite touched last year as I walked across the stage to receive my 10 year pin.

What are your hobbies and interests?

Theatre, computers, walking, gardening, and my dog, Annie.

What is something that your colleagues would be surprised to learn about you?

Many of you know that I have had the opportunity to take advantage of staff training and have taken about 9 theatre classes. You may not know that several years ago, I was honored to be selected by the Regional Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival to participate in the National Conference Critics Institute at the Kennedy Center in Washington DC.

under: Business Affairs, Division Spotlight
Tags: , ,

Leave a response -

Your response:

Categories