header image

Division Spotlight: Ed Pope

Posted by: Jennifer Stevens | November 8, 2012 | No Comment |

Ed Pope, Human Resources

Briefly describe your role.

I serve as the VP of Human Resources.

What is the function of your department? 

The College’s HR department handles all matters related to employment including recruiting, benefits, training, employee relations, classification, compensation, reporting, and employee records management.

How long have you been working at the College?

I’ve been at the College since mid-July 2012.

What brought you to the College?

I have always wanted to return to working in higher education. My wife, Heather (a Charleston native), and I also had long-range plans to eventually move back to Charleston. This unique opportunity at the College was a perfect match. I’ve always been impressed with the people I’ve encountered at the College over the years, and the passion they have for the College made me want to be a part of this great community. Heather and I are looking forward to being involved with College activities and supporting the Cougars whenever we can.

What do you like most about your job?

My favorite part of this job is working with our outstanding employees to help them with whatever issues they may be having. I enjoy collaborating with managers and employees to create solutions and find ways to meet their needs.

What are some of your favorite memories from the College?

I remember my days as a cadet at The Citadel walking through the College’s campus on weekends wondering what it must like to go to a “normal” college. This campus was a nice reprieve from the rigors of cadet life.

What are your hobbies and interests?

I like to work in my yard, fish if I ever get a chance, and spend time with my wife and our two bird dogs, Rosie (our Vizsla) and Covey (our German Shorthaired Pointer). We like to take them to the beach or hiking in the mountains whenever we can.

What is something that your colleagues would be surprised to learn about you?

I enjoy running, although I’m not running as much as I should be now. I’ve run several half marathons in recent years, and I am planning to run the Kiawah half marathon this December.

under: Business Affairs, Division Spotlight
Tags: , ,

Leave a response -

Your response:

Categories