The Second City

On Saturday night, my parents and I went to see The Second City at the Sottile theatre as part of family weekend here at the college. The Second City is an ensemble of improv comedians who tour the country.  Many of their alumni have gone onto stardom-Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Will Ferrel, etc.  The show consisted of many short comedy skits, including audience participation and music.  This particular show was performed by six actors (three guys, three girls).  The production was very well thought out; the transitions between the sketches, the audience participation, and the acting, overall, was very impressive.

This show is a highly demanded production and it was cool to see in Charleston.  It was obvious that everyone had played their part in putting on this show.  Though the microphones occasionally messed up, the rest of the production was flawless.  It was definitely a good idea, on the part of the theatre, to allow the college to include tickets as the cost of family weekend.  This way, there was a guarantee of a large audience to meet the cost of this show.  I would definitely recommend this show to anyone who wants to laugh a ton.  It was neat to watch actors who are definitely on their way to big things in the acting world.