As most of you know, our NCATE visit is in fall, 2011. Our SPA reports are due fall, 2010.
In order for you to stay on top of what’s going on with the Assessment Committee and our progress torward re-accreditation, our minutes and agendas will be posted on the server //warren/data2/assessment committee. Additionally at this site, you will find lots of NCATE and SPA materials from the AACTE meeting, as well as the NCATE standards handbook in its entirety.
Most importantly, the most recent version of our EHHP NCATE Timeline is located on this server site and will be continually updated as we fine tune our path toward re-accreditation.
Please let me know if you’d like me to help you reach this site.
There are a couple of new suggestions on the BE SAFE page. Just click on the tab with that name to enter the page.
Thanks to those of you who have commented. For those of you unfamiliar with blogs, here’s how to comment:
How to comment on a post in this blog: click “comment” at the bottom of the post and add your comment.
If there is an issue of interest to you, check back to see the comments others have posted. This is a great forum for discussion since we have so little time to meet and discuss face to face.
I am communicating with you frequently to keep you informed, request your input, and make our accreditation process transparent to everyone. I know you are busy–I am, too–but our accreditation process is important to us all, even the seemingly small pieces. This blog is the best way to communicate with you so that we can track and retain processes of change within EHHP. Here are the results of last week’s post.
#1: Last week, I posted (see below) information about our conceptual framework for your review and comment. I took your comments and suggestions to the Assessment Committee for input, and this wording (in bold) is the concensus from the group:
Our vision is to be a community of diverse professionals (instead of teachers or teacher leaders) who ensure exemplary learning and wellness opportunities for all individuals. These opportunities are created by professionals who can MAKE THE TEACHING – LEARNING CONNECTION through:
• Understanding and valuing the learner;
• Knowing what and how to teach and assess and how to create an environment in which learning occurs;
• Understanding ourselves as professionals.
If you have any concerns about or disagreement with this wording, please comment here at this post rather than by email.
#2: Dispositions: There were no negative comments about the following changes to the dispositions (below in bold):
1) We believe that all students can learn.
2) We value and respect individual differences.
3) We value respectful human interactions
4) We exhibit and encourage intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm about learning, and a willingness to learn new
5) We are committed to inquiry, reflection and self-assessment.
6) We value collaborative and cooperative work.
7) We are sensitive to community and cultural context.
8) We engage in responsible and ethical practice.
9) We are committed to providing fairness and equitable opportunities for all learners. (this one was added to meet NCATE requirements)
Thank you so much for your input. Please add any comments to this blog.