To connect your mobile device to our network, please follow the instructions below.
For iPhone / iPad / iPod, see the instructions below:
- Click this link for iPhone/iPad configuration. - This configures both your email and wireless network on the phone. You will be prompted twice for your username and password. The first time is for the wireless network , the second time is for your Cmail account. It is very important that when you enter your username for the Cmail account, you enter your domain and username in one line as g.cofc.edu\username. If you don’t do this, it won’t work.
For Android based devices, go into the Wi-Fi settings and looks for a broadcasting network named cofc-secure. You will be prompted for settings and enter the ones selected below:
- Security – 802.1X Enterprise
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication: MSCHAPV2
- Identity: Your MyCharleston username
- Anonymous identity: Leave blank
- Wireless Password: Your MyCharleston Password
Important Note: Not all versions of the android operating system support the encryption type that we use, so if you do not have the option to select 802.1X, then your device won’t be able to connect to our secure network.